Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2008, 06:28 AM

334 posts, read 1,497,763 times

Advertisements

We are trying to work out (from a distance) which neighborhoods fall into which school catchments. Does anyone know how to find this information please??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2008, 08:57 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,533,269 times
Try looking up the districts on line. Or better yet, call a realtor. They'll know.

What are are you looking at?

Old 06-07-2008, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
Try looking up the districts on line. Or better yet, call a realtor. They'll know.

What are are you looking at?
I have tried both...so far no luck. The realtors guess, and the boundary lines I find on line weren't accurate when we were able to ask one of the schools. Now the schools are closing we won't know until fall...and that might be too late.

We are probably looking to buy in Troy. Perhaps near one of the following schools:
Costello
Bemis
Troy Union
Hamilton
Wass

Old 06-07-2008, 10:17 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,533,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondgirl45 View Post
I have tried both...so far no luck. The realtors guess, and the boundary lines I find on line weren't accurate when we were able to ask one of the schools. Now the schools are closing we won't know until fall...and that might be too late.

We are probably looking to buy in Troy. Perhaps near one of the following schools:
Costello
Bemis
Troy Union
Hamilton
Wass
Just let your realtor know you want that school district. They can limit the homes you look at to ones that are in the school district proper. You really need to work with a realtor. Sometimes on line postings list the district and sometimes they don't.

Old 06-07-2008, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
Just let your realtor know you want that school district. They can limit the homes you look at to ones that are in the school district proper. You really need to work with a realtor. Sometimes on line postings list the district and sometimes they don't.
We have a realtor, but he is not from Troy. The problem we had is my husband was looking at a few houses on the same street, and found out the one across the street belonged to a different school....not the one on the estate.
We will have the realtor look into it for us tho.

Old 06-07-2008, 01:09 PM

271 posts, read 934,120 times
Ask and you shall receive...

Select county, enjoy:

CGI - Michigan School District Maps by County

Old 06-07-2008, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siberia View Post
Ask and you shall receive...

Select county, enjoy:

CGI - Michigan School District Maps by County
Thank you. I still can't find out which streets are included in the school catchment. I can see a close up of the name of the schools, but it doesn't show the street names that go to that school. What am I doing wrong??? Help!!

Old 06-07-2008, 06:31 PM

695 posts, read 3,410,289 times
Those maps are kind of hard to read, I agree.

Old 06-08-2008, 07:10 PM

9 posts, read 43,913 times
Sent an earlier comment suggesting Rochester..
Where ever you do buy, please do look & see what Builder did the original construction.. within the same subdivision there were stellar quality built homes.. as well as "other" builders, who bought lots from the land developer, (often the main builder of the subdivision), these Other homes, now sell Buy the square footage as well as the neighborhood reputation..
however, their infrastructure may not be the equal of a similar structure in the same neighborhood.
A knowledgeable Realtor will know which builders ranked as highest quality.
High on the list of used homes in the area would be a Robertson Sr, or Fairlane built home.. Question the quality in MI if it has no basement at all. partial slab can be ok. Mildewy odor can be an issue in older homes w/out basement in MI
Best wishes in your new home..
bg

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondgirl45 View Post

Costello
Bemis
Troy Union
Hamilton
Wass

Old 06-21-2008, 11:55 PM

271 posts, read 934,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardwellave View Post
Those maps are kind of hard to read, I agree.
Open the Acrobat maps with Acrobat Reader, and you can zoom 6,400% if need be. The maps are shown default 37%...change to at least 100% zoom to see the detail.

Zoom, zoom, zooooom....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan