U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2009, 10:24 PM

3,036 posts, read 3,045,080 times

Advertisements

Genessee county is run down and depressing. Flint proper is horrible, crime ridden and dangerous. I cannot think of any reason anyone would want to live there. If you need access to flint for some reason I would suggest commuting in from Shiawassee county or southern Saginaw county. These places are a good 20 to 30 miles outside of the Flint area and do not have the depressing atmosphere of Genessee county. Think long and hard before you move yourself into that enviroment, because if you buy a house there you will never be able to sell it. Everyone else wants out of there too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2009, 05:09 AM

1,092 posts, read 2,215,702 times
Not all of Genesee County is awful. Some areas are even still experiencing growth. There is absolutely nothing wrong with Flushing, Davison, Grand Blanc, Goodrich, Otisville, Fenton, Linden, Swartz Creek, or Clio. I, personally, would never live in Flint, Burton, or Mt. Morris. Shiawassee County is nothing special. The school districts in several Genesee County towns beat the Shiawassee County ones hands-down.
If I were to choose a surrounding county to live in because Genessee is so awful (and it is not), I would go to Lapeer County. Much better than Shiawassee.

Old 10-17-2009, 07:36 AM

54 posts, read 15,596 times
I think I would look at Bagdad first. LOL

Old 10-17-2009, 01:35 PM

1,013 posts, read 1,580,333 times
I guess I will answer that question with a question: why would anybody want to move to Flint for any reason?? Nuff said.

Old 11-13-2009, 04:30 PM

1 posts, read 2,946 times
Most or all of the replies misunderstood your message!

You stated "thinking about buying a property in flint".

You did NOT state that you were going TO LIVE in Flint.

I assume you are buying $1500 houses to list on EBAY.----Good Luck!.

Old 11-16-2009, 02:16 PM

2 posts, read 4,048 times
Bunch of snobs here. Get off it. Flint is a great place to live and raise a family. The schools need alot of work and will be getting it soon what with the new education secy under obama. If you wanna be a Flint Golf member, go ahead. You'll fit rigiht in but will be like most of them: people who are interested in being successful, but not valuable. Most wouldn't dream of living in Flint. But if you like diversity, like to be a problem solver and interested in improving where you live....lookat Carriage Town...look at the campuses of the universities in Flint....and stop being some sort of irrelevant elitist interested only in a nice home and no neighborhood involvement.

Old 11-17-2009, 10:44 AM

1,013 posts, read 1,580,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxybear View Post
Bunch of snobs here. Get off it. Flint is a great place to live and raise a family. The schools need alot of work and will be getting it soon what with the new education secy under obama. If you wanna be a Flint Golf member, go ahead. You'll fit rigiht in but will be like most of them: people who are interested in being successful, but not valuable. Most wouldn't dream of living in Flint. But if you like diversity, like to be a problem solver and interested in improving where you live....lookat Carriage Town...look at the campuses of the universities in Flint....and stop being some sort of irrelevant elitist interested only in a nice home and no neighborhood involvement.
have you ever ever been outside Flint at all. I didnt think so. Flint, a 'good place to raise a family', good one! LOL LOL

Old 11-17-2009, 11:44 AM

37 posts, read 11,193 times
Krock, I could not agree more, it is like saying that Bagdad is a great place to vacation with a family. LOL if you have been any where else in the world you would know how stupid of a statemnt that is. Flint is a horrible place unless you like to count the gun shots to go to sleep. I ak47 haha 2 ak47 haha, 3,4,5,6,7 ratttttt aa ttaaaatt 300 ak47s hahaha.

Old 01-10-2010, 10:58 PM

3 posts, read 5,325 times
listen to what the people have told you stay out of all of genesee county. corruption, crime,drugs

Old 05-11-2010, 04:05 PM

1 posts, read 2,377 times
True! True! Flint is a hole! I lived and worked there for 49 years. My Mott Park neighborhood turned into a ghetto! I retired, had my Florida home purchased, and RAN from Flint in less than 24 hours from the time of clearing from my job! I feel sick if I need to return. I used to have to carry a pistol to walk my dog at night after work. If you don't carry youself in an agressive manner-you are just meat! They are just looking for easy victims! Stay clear! Even the suburbs are starting to feel the strain of high unemployment, and it deadly handmaiden - an eroding tax base!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan