U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-24-2008, 11:11 AM

336 posts, read 578,222 times

Advertisements

Is there a new Hamady? I had to go to the middle school last fall for a school presentation and it was still a pretty rough place.
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2008, 12:18 PM

695 posts, read 2,404,877 times
I looked at a map of where Hamady is. It is striking that it looks like its just in sort of a rural area of northern Flint...this is a bad area?

Old 07-24-2008, 01:38 PM

Default There is a fine line.

There is a fine line between the north end of Flint (you don't want to go there) and the south end of Mt. Morris. I don't know much about Mt. Morris. I know its supposedly a kind of depressed area, and a little rural, but I know people who live there who are happy with it.

Old 07-24-2008, 02:36 PM

286 posts, read 703,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricia819 View Post
I think that's part of the problem. I wouldn't be caught anywhere near Hamady at night.

Well I would say that the real problem is that there's tons of places in Flint you don't want to be caught in at night. Makes it kind of hard to leave the house huh?

Old 07-24-2008, 02:38 PM

Quote:
There is a fine line between the north end of Flint (you don't want to go there) and the south end of Mt. Morris. I don't know much about Mt. Morris. I know its supposedly a kind of depressed area, and a little rural, but I know people who live there who are happy with it.

Yeah My Morris has a more rural feel to it. You won't hear people call it "ghetto" like they would flint. They'd probably be more likely to say something like "trashy" to describe it.

Old 07-24-2008, 04:53 PM

14 posts, read 45,295 times
yeah the old school was on jennings I think there is a college in that spot now?

Old 07-25-2008, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickc121 View Post
Well I would say that the real problem is that there's tons of places in Flint you don't want to be caught in at night. Makes it kind of hard to leave the house huh?
No, not really. The north end and parts of the east side, but I leave the house at night all the time and have never had a problem. You just have to use common sense.

Old 07-25-2008, 10:23 AM

Quote:
No, not really. The north end and parts of the east side, but I leave the house at night all the time and have never had a problem. You just have to use common sense.

Well I was mostly joking. But.....common sense or not, most of us who have spent significant time in flint have experienced crimes that could not have been prevented. Its a dangerous place to live. Period

Old 07-25-2008, 12:46 PM

Default I've lived in Flint my whole life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickc121 View Post
Well I was mostly joking. But.....common sense or not, most of us who have spent significant time in flint have experienced crimes that could not have been prevented. Its a dangerous place to live. Period
Joking aside, I've lived in Flint for 30 years and the only time I've experienced crime I wasn't even in Flint. I take that back, I've experienced vandalism 4 times in my lifetime, but that happens even in the best neighborhoods. People who have never lived here picture Flint to be similar to Beiruit. They think they're going to be shot at by a gang member the minute they step off the plane, but it just isn't like that.

Old 07-25-2008, 01:05 PM

Well sure. I spent some time in a very dangerous part of Africa and never had anything happen to me. Just because you haven't experienced it doesnt mean it isnt there. You cant argue with the crime statistics. My sister was assaulted after a party. She went to the police to report it and they told her not to even bother. They have too many "serious" crimes like stabbings and shootings to give attention to that
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan