Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 09:23 AM

8,882 posts, read 19,852,535 times

Advertisements

Here's some good news. A friend of mine who manages an executive placement firm here in GR told me recently, that people looking at relocating here from other states are no longer asking about and worried about Michigan's economy. The places where people are coming from are being hit hard or harder than here. It's making it much easier to bring in highly sought after talent. The only bad news is that he is still having trouble filling positions here (IT especially) with Michigan folks, so they are constantly reaching out around the country and globe to find people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2009, 02:19 PM

550 posts, read 2,052,409 times
here is my good news (been awhile since i've shared!)

I saw in another thread something about the traverse City state mental hospital...turns out that recently my very good friends took up a lease in that building for their printing business!!! PicklePrint! pretty cool for them, they are very excited and seeing new business!!!

Old 03-20-2009, 02:23 PM

7,357 posts, read 11,760,432 times
Another new store going up at the main intersection in my teeny, tiny town.

Old 03-20-2009, 02:48 PM

12,083 posts, read 38,853,217 times
All the advanced tickets were sold out for the Rothbury Music Festival taking place July 3-5. Ticket sales are now open for regular price sales and doing well from what I hear so far. Wonder if they are going to break the 40,000 people they had come last year? They have a site to look at the line-up of musical acts signed up already and ticket sales. Rothburyfestival.com The tickets are too rich for my blood, but there must be some extra green out there someplace to pop $250 for a week-end pass.

Old 03-21-2009, 06:22 AM

1,059 posts, read 2,695,127 times
Good news...we have only lived here since the week of Christmas...and we have met and made more friends than our years spent in our previous location. I love living in Michigan.

Old 03-22-2009, 01:34 AM

62 posts, read 173,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magellan View Post
Here's some good news. A friend of mine who manages an executive placement firm here in GR told me recently, that people looking at relocating here from other states are no longer asking about and worried about Michigan's economy. The places where people are coming from are being hit hard or harder than here. It's making it much easier to bring in highly sought after talent. The only bad news is that he is still having trouble filling positions here (IT especially) with Michigan folks, so they are constantly reaching out around the country and globe to find people.
IT is one that you have to experience in and a degree I was looking the jobs yesterday, maybe there's hope coming for us one day who can't get these kinds of jobs here.

Old 03-22-2009, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimpelss View Post
IT is one that you have to experience in and a degree I was looking the jobs yesterday, maybe there's hope coming for us one day who can't get these kinds of jobs here.
Are you saying employers looking to fill IT positions should hire people with no degree in IT and no experience?

Old 03-22-2009, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Are you saying employers looking to fill IT positions should hire people with no degree in IT and no experience?
Had to redo my post.

Old 03-22-2009, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Lol yes I expect them to hire me and hire me now even though I have no bachelor's degree with no IT experience omg people get on my nerves.

Old 03-23-2009, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimpelss View Post
Lol yes I expect them to hire me and hire me now even though I have no bachelor's degree with no IT experience omg people get on my nerves.
Well then maybe you can explain what kind of "hope" is coming for you. Sorry to "get on your nerves."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan