Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2008, 09:59 PM

2,068 posts, read 5,965,179 times

Advertisements

Theaters! That's why I mentioned The Cherry Bowl!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2008, 07:10 AM

734 posts, read 2,616,641 times
That's okay...I thought that too.

Old 08-06-2008, 09:55 AM

72 posts, read 275,520 times
There is a one screen Christian theater in the Irish Hills area right near Devil's Lake. I stumbled acrossed it by accident one day. It is hidden about 100 feet off of the road through a path of trees. It sits in the middle of a wooded area. It is absolutely adorable!

Also, I have found myself heading to Plymouth on the weekends for the Compuserve Arena Drive-In. They set up 4 to 6 silk screens for weekend shows. You get two for the price of one. They ask that smaller cars stick to the front of the lot and large trucks and SUV's and such stay to the back so that everyone gets a good view. Instead of the old fashion speakers you would hang on your window and get lousy reception, they have you tune into a radio station (fm) for perfect sound. Kids are playing ball with there Dads, folks are all snuggled up together with pillow and blankets whether they are in the back of their truck/SUV or on lawn chairs. There is no snack bar but there is a great restaurant on site and a snack cart like you would see at a carnival. Also, there is a McD.'s on the neighboring lot. We usually make a whole night out of going to the movies instead of just freezing in a tradional theater for a couple of hours. The whole experience brings me back to childhood. Highly recommended to those who are interested.

Old 08-06-2008, 08:43 PM

2,068 posts, read 5,965,179 times
I guess more than a few of us thought the same thing! Can the title be edited to include 'restaurant'?

Old 08-07-2008, 10:04 AM

47 posts, read 152,109 times
I love Eddie's. It is minutes from my house and the food is yummy!

Old 08-13-2008, 06:50 PM

6 posts, read 34,274 times
Clyde's is the best! Originally opened in Sault St. Marie in 1948. Locations are there, Manistique, and St. Ignace (the best). I ate at the one in St. Ignce on Sunday.....great cheeseburgers.....the Big C at 3/4 lb is too much for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan