Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2008, 09:29 AM

12,083 posts, read 38,840,284 times

Advertisements

Looks like there is a good chance of a second Cabelas store in Michigan. This time over by Grand Rapids.
Waiting For Cabela's | News | WXMI.com | FOX 17 | Grand Rapids
Quote:
If Cabela's does end up signing soon on the dotted line, the development would bring in more than 3,000 jobs and a 400 million dollar development.

Cabela's released this statement:

"This decision is certainly encouraging news and will help move the project forward. We are excited about the prospect of having another destination retail store in Michigan to complement our Dundee store."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2008, 10:15 AM

749 posts, read 2,771,034 times
How about they put one up here? Both of those are too far to go to for us.

Old 08-20-2008, 11:21 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,329,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigansnowflake View Post
How about they put one up here? Both of those are too far to go to for us.
I agree with you. GR is not that far form the store that have now.

Old 08-20-2008, 12:23 PM

8,882 posts, read 19,845,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
I agree with you. GR is not that far form the store that have now.
Grand Rapids to Dundee is almost a 2.5 hour drive. That seems pretty far. Actually, there's a Bass Pro Shops and Cabela's in suburban Chicago (Gary, IN area) that are closer to GR, but they are going in the wrong direction. Most people head North for vacation, not to that part of Indiana (the armpit of the Midwest).

As far as Cabela's goes in GR, I think that they have put all new stores on hold due to the national economy. At least, that's the word here in the local Press, which has been covering the rumored Cabela's for about a year.

Old 08-20-2008, 06:57 PM

89 posts, read 336,848 times
The Indiana store is in Hammond right off I-94 at the Indianapolis Blvd. exit. I stopped last spring on a trip to Chicago. Very easy to get to and a very nice store. There are probably 3 million plus people living within a 30 mile radius of that store.

Old 08-20-2008, 08:11 PM

104 posts, read 374,976 times
You know what's funny, is that my son LOVES Cabela's. There's a great website (can't think of it just now) with lists of things to do with little ones when the weather is too bad to play in (which doesn't happen to us very often actually as I'll bundle the kid up and take him outside pretty much whatever the weather is -- at least for a few minutes).

One of the things was to take them to Cabela's. I never would have thought to go there since we don't hunt, fish, or camp at all. My husband was leary but I talked him into it and it was fun. All the taxidermied (sp?) animals and the little pond with the fish. My kid acted like were were at the zoo.

Seems weird to go there without intention to buy but it actually was a very nice time,lol. We did get some things, there was no way he'd leave without a giant stuffed snake.

Old 08-21-2008, 06:59 AM

8,882 posts, read 19,845,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theboysmom View Post
You know what's funny, is that my son LOVES Cabela's. There's a great website (can't think of it just now) with lists of things to do with little ones when the weather is too bad to play in (which doesn't happen to us very often actually as I'll bundle the kid up and take him outside pretty much whatever the weather is -- at least for a few minutes).

One of the things was to take them to Cabela's. I never would have thought to go there since we don't hunt, fish, or camp at all. My husband was leary but I talked him into it and it was fun. All the taxidermied (sp?) animals and the little pond with the fish. My kid acted like were were at the zoo.

Seems weird to go there without intention to buy but it actually was a very nice time,lol. We did get some things, there was no way he'd leave without a giant stuffed snake.
Right. That's how they get ya.

Old 08-21-2008, 09:35 AM

104 posts, read 374,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magellan View Post
Right. That's how they get ya.
Oh jeez, you are so right. And I have to admit that I am one of the easiest people to get. I'm such a shopper,lol.

Old 08-22-2008, 01:56 PM

7 posts, read 16,520 times
taxidermied animals??? awful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan