U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Unread 09-07-2008, 02:36 PM

104 posts, read 243,130 times
Default Tattoo artist in southeast MI?

My husband wants a tattoo of our son's name for his birthday and so I'm on the hunt for a tattoo artist.

I plan on asking around quite a bit. Anyone here have a recommendation?

We live in Plymouth to give you an idea, and we obviously wouldn't mind a bit of a hike in any direction for quality work.

TIA!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 09-08-2008, 07:36 AM

62 posts, read 107,249 times
I would HIGHLY recommend Name Brand Tattoos in Ann Arbor. 4 artists, all VERY talented. They have a website where you can connect to individual sites see some of the artists' work !

Unread 09-08-2008, 09:00 AM

Thanks! I'll check them out.

Unread 09-08-2008, 09:12 AM

2,790 posts, read 3,694,305 times
My son had a beautiful Celtic cross done by an artist in Taylor. I can't remember which shop he went to- there are three on Ecorse Road. Unfortunately, I think his cutter must have been deployed yesterday as I have not been able to reach him by phone. I will try sending him an e-mail.

Unread 09-08-2008, 05:10 PM

Here is a link to Eternal Tatoo's, where my son had his done. He was very satisfied with the quality and the cleanliness of the the facility.

Eternal Tattoos, INC.

Unread 09-08-2008, 05:19 PM
NCN

13,504 posts, read 10,777,572 times
The first thing you need to check on is how clean are their needles or whatever they use. In a casual conversation recently, I learned that Americans are getting hepatitis 3. This strain of hepatitis cannot be cured as hepatitis I and II can. Scientiests are looking for the reason for this increase of hepatitis III. I am not saying this is the cause, but one posibility is dirty equipment when getting a tatoo. Just be careful. I personally would not get any kind of tatoo if you tried to pay me to do it.

Unread 09-09-2008, 08:17 AM

MICoastieMom,

Thanks so much for the info. I'll see about them as well.

When you elect to do anything to your body there are risks. Fortunately there are safety measures in place. And the good thing is that with proper research you can find a safe environment.....I am the queen of research,lol.

Unread 09-09-2008, 09:15 AM

Boysmom, my big he-man son has red-hair and very fair skin. The artist who did his siad he might have more discomfort than most because of his skin type. She took great care with him and gave him tips on how to reduce any inflammation, etc. He sailed right through the whole process and seemed to fare better than most people. He had no discomfort, redness, itchiness, inflammation, peeling..... nothing.

Tatoos aren't my thing, but he was free, white and 21, as the saying goes, so what was I going to do to stop him? I just told him to make sure he researched it well first. Yeah, I am with you on the research part. My dad told me once, when I was in junior high (I'm dating myself, aren't I? LOL) that he didn't care if I knew the who, what, when, or where of the War of 1812. In his opinion, it was more important to understand the why of the War of 1812. Then he went on to say that if I needed to know the who, what, when, or where, I'd better make darn (not his word) sure I knew how to find out. He raised five kids and we all knew our way around the library and a card catalog (now I am really dating myself!)

Unread 09-09-2008, 01:59 PM

800 posts, read 2,927,002 times
I second the bit about Eternal Tattoos

Unread 09-13-2008, 09:55 AM

Thanks for the reply Angel Bear!

MICoastieMom,

He's talked about getting one since we met. Being in the military most of his friends have plenty. He used to say he wanted my name but I said NO WAY,lol. I always say never get somebody's name, it's a surefire way to guarantee you won't be together forever,lol.

He's Italian and tans well so let's hope that means he'll have an easier go of it...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan