Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 05:08 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,764,742 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Michigan no-fault was a mystery to most when it first was implement. Now, the dust has settled, so I have to say, most accidents in Michigan results in lawsuits anyway. LOL My hubby and I got a huge amount from the "other guy" with no-fault. They paid for two years, then we flied a lawsuit in 23 months. We still get money from no-fault after 11 years.

So you are saying that it is your fault that my insurance rates are so high now?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2009, 05:16 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,329,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
So you are saying that it is your fault that my insurance rates are so high now?
I am saying what it was suppose to stop happens everyday now. Just listen to all the ads for accident attorneys. They advertise because it works.

Old 01-12-2009, 05:25 PM

45 posts, read 259,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darstar View Post
Michigan IS a blue state , nothing new about that. Surely you knew that before you moved here ?
Well I don't think I would not move somewhere based on how the state typically votes for 1 and I'm in the military so this is where I was given orders to. I had somewhat of a decision on this assignment and I have some family a couple hours up north so I figured be by no family or be by some family. I took the some family option.

Old 01-12-2009, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
lol

I chipped my bone on Christmas day and went to the ER the next day, but they took like five x rays and said I just had a bone bruise. I just recently had more x rays at a local doctor and they found a chip in my bone and ever showed me it. The hospital said to just use my leg as normal and it will eventually get better. It got so bad and my foot was so swollen and purple the local doctor thought I had a blood clot forming and I had a ultra sound on Friday which came back negative. Should I sue that doctor/hospital too? I guess that is the going trend these days...

Old 01-12-2009, 05:38 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,329,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaStA View Post
lol

I chipped my bone on Christmas day and went to the ER the next day, but they took like five x rays and said I just had a bone bruise. I just recently had more x rays at a local doctor and they found a chip in my bone and ever showed me it. The hospital said to just use my leg as normal and it will eventually get better. It got so bad and my foot was so swollen and purple the local doctor thought I had a blood clot forming and I had a ultra sound on Friday which came back negative. Should I sue that doctor/hospital too? I guess that is the going trend these days...
Did you do it in a car accident??

Old 01-12-2009, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Did you do it in a car accident??
No, I did it moving a snowmobile. It was more of a joke. Even though I didn't like the doctor at the ER and he didn't seem very interested in checking things out I wouldn't pursue anything. Really a radiologist should be reviewing x rays, not a doctor.

Old 01-12-2009, 05:51 PM

8,733 posts, read 15,933,713 times
Quote:
Well I don't think I would not move somewhere based on how the state typically votes for 1 and I'm in the military so this is where I was given orders to. I had somewhat of a decision on this assignment and I have some family a couple hours up north so I figured be by no family or be by some family. I took the some family option.
Sometimes you have no option , however , if you are surrounded with folks who think like you do , you will be happier. Its very hard to fight the system when you have little support. We are a divided nation , no doubt about it. No longer is ones political leanings a private matter, we wear our politics on the outside. Not a bad thing in my opinion .

Old 01-12-2009, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darstar View Post
Sometimes you have no option , however , if you are surrounded with folks who think like you do , you will be happier. Its very hard to fight the system when you have little support. We are a divided nation , no doubt about it. No longer is ones political leanings a private matter, we wear our politics on the outside. Not a bad thing in my opinion .
Well I don't vote in Michigan since I'm a resident of Florida. I do absentee ballot. Unfortunately as a military member you cannot express your political opinion while in uniform and aren't allowed to attend a rally, protest, etc. or the rule says you can go, but not participate. It is a very thin line on it all so I just don't go there.

I just hope this new president measures up to what a lot of people think he will be. I'm a bit concerned at some things he has already said he will do, but nothing I can do to change it.

Old 01-12-2009, 06:06 PM

8,733 posts, read 15,933,713 times
Quote:
Well I don't vote in Michigan since I'm a resident of Florida. I do absentee ballot. Unfortunately as a military member you cannot express your political opinion while in uniform and aren't allowed to attend a rally, protest, etc. or the rule says you can go, but not participate. It is a very thin line on it all so I just don't go there.

I just hope this new president measures up to what a lot of people think he will be. I'm a bit concerned at some things he has already said he will do, but nothing I can do to change it.
I guess , in your case , you will have to wait until you are retired. I know quite a few retired Military , and , they for the most part , wear their politics on the outside !

Old 05-05-2010, 04:53 PM

1 posts, read 1,623 times
Default Frankenmuth Ins

Bad news for you bydand - there is a good reason why Frankenmuth Insurance was cheap - hope you don't have a claim to find out why. Competent staff in a claims department makes a company - it's where the rubber hits the road. I know the company and it's staff well and can attest to the fact that you get what you pay for! I hope you don't find that out the hard way.
Read some of the news about them - if you look at the WC agency, you can see they dispute more claims than any other carrier. They've been accused of allegedly trying to bribe a judge to avoid claim payments (at least that appears to be the allegation on the court forum and hopefully the attorney general will investigate). Disputing and avoiding claims liabilities may be why they can charge lower rates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bydand View Post
You could move to the Northeast and pay a LOT more. I just moved back from a couple of years in Maine and all my insurance rates dropped in half as soon as I was in Michigan. Auto, health, etc... all took a huge drop in price. It could be the area you are in has more traffic or higher risk than the area you are coming from as well. That plays into insurance rates in a big way. Also is your commute to work much longer than before? I never have changed insurance companies that they didn't ask that, the longer you are in your vehicle each day, they think the higher risk you may get in an accident. (At least that is how an agent answered that question for me once.)

I went with Frankenmuth Insurance (VERY highly rated, much higher than any of the "big" names) and it was cheaper than any of the other companies I looked at.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan