U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 12-06-2008, 09:03 AM

131 posts, read 289,777 times

Advertisements

I'm going to be heading to the Tri-City area for this coming weekend (Dec 11-14) and was thinking about driving around looking at the Christmas lights. Does anyone think it's too early to do this? Would I be better off going to surrounding towns (Freeland, the other tri-cites, Frankenmuth, Vassar, etc)? I' willing to drive 20 minutes or so out of Saginaw to check them out. I can imagine Frankenmuth is all decked out by now, so I may head in that direction, but if I can see some good ones in Saginaw, I'd rather stay there. I know the areas to avoid after dark, but are there any recommended areas to check out for the lights? Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2008, 06:51 PM

1,692 posts, read 2,306,735 times
Frankemuth is always decorated. THe Saginaw City Hall. The Water works. Bay City has this drive through thing that you pay and that is pretty. The Saginaw News at some point will run a story where the best lights are. The Court house has them to.

Old 12-06-2008, 07:08 PM

22,393 posts, read 17,563,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmom48 View Post
Frankemuth is always decorated. THe Saginaw City Hall. The Water works. Bay City has this drive through thing that you pay and that is pretty. The Saginaw News at some point will run a story where the best lights are. The Court house has them to.
I am not 100% sure but, I think Bay City canceled the Festival of Lights. Lack of funds.

Old 12-06-2008, 08:08 PM

39 posts, read 87,054 times
Bay City did cancel the festival of lights so don't go there. I don't know specific areas of Saginaw that are good. Frankenmuth is a sure thing...just head for the downtown area.

Old 12-06-2008, 10:19 PM

thanks for the info so far! any other areas I should know about? certain neighorhoods or anything? I know some places go all out with the decor, but some don't hardly do anything. I just dont want to waste my time driving around not seeing anything, when three blocks over I'd see something cool . I'll check out those areas mentioned though for sure!

Old 12-07-2008, 02:15 PM

1 posts, read 5,904 times
there is a really nice display on Freeland Rd. just East of Midland. It has music that accompanies the lights as they change. I could sit there for hours watching it. You should definitely check that one out.

Old 12-07-2008, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesi22 View Post
there is a really nice display on Freeland Rd. just East of Midland. It has music that accompanies the lights as they change. I could sit there for hours watching it. You should definitely check that one out.
i may have to head out that way too thanks! its looking like there are a few areas to check out this weekend

Old 12-07-2008, 06:42 PM

7,314 posts, read 11,280,293 times
Do they still light up the waterworks building in Saginaw? It's been a few years since we've been by there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan