Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2009, 02:50 PM

7,357 posts, read 11,753,298 times

Advertisements

Without tearing into each other if possible, folks: What would you like to see Obama do in order to help Michigan, as well as the country as a whole?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2009, 05:18 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,329,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffie View Post
Without tearing into each other if possible, folks: What would you like to see Obama do in order to help Michigan, as well as the country as a whole?
I wish I knew......

Old 01-10-2009, 06:01 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,314,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffie View Post
Order all branches of the military to take whatever measures necessary to reinstate the U.S. Constitution, and then to protect, defend and enforce it.

Probably appoint Ron Paul as Chief of Staff - and top adviser to the President for all military branches.

I think the military would have more voluntary enlistments than they could handle.

Posse Comitatus? The Enlistees.

Wouldn't this be a war worth fighting?

Once started though, it would be a war we could not afford to lose.

Too bad its come to this, but . . . . I don't see much else offering any hope.

Old 01-10-2009, 06:10 PM

4,120 posts, read 8,897,469 times
The thing I would like to see, is make it as easy as possibe for any person or persons to start up a business. Not sure how, maybe low, low interest loans with a few years grace period before starting to pay them back. Also, no taxes on them for at least a few years. Give everyone who has a product or service, enough time to get up and running. Once they grow and start hiring and making money, then they can pay loans and taxes. There are a lot of smart people with many who may just have the next big thing.

Old 01-10-2009, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michmoldman View Post
The thing I would like to see, is make it as easy as possibe for any person or persons to start up a business. Not sure how, maybe low, low interest loans with a few years grace period before starting to pay them back. Also, no taxes on them for at least a few years. Give everyone who has a product or service, enough time to get up and running. Once they grow and start hiring and making money, then they can pay loans and taxes. There are a lot of smart people with many who may just have the next big thing.
Income taxes are only paid on profit. Look at schedule "C". No change is needed there. We do need to keep the tax cuts due to expire in 2010. All money to run a business is also deductible. We do need start up money programs, for white men. Yep, I said it, we have programs everyone but them.

Old 01-10-2009, 07:48 PM

4,120 posts, read 8,897,469 times
Yes, but it needs to go further. I mean no taxes of any kind for at least 2 years maybe longer. No income taxes. It has to be made as easy as possible for thousands of new busineses to start up and keep that full head of steam. Especially now in this economy

Old 01-10-2009, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michmoldman View Post
Yes, but it needs to go further. I mean no taxes of any kind for at least 2 years maybe longer. No income taxes. It has to be made as easy as possible for thousands of new business to start up and keep that full head of steam. Especially now in this economy
I have been in business over ten years, never paid a dime yet. Never will.

Old 01-12-2009, 05:03 PM

541 posts, read 984,634 times
Flat tax across the board for all people,A solid stance on the free trade market for the U.S. being able to be more competitive,A medical system comprised of doctors and surgeons to make decisions,not lawyers and insurance companies,protection of the Constitution and enforcement of said rules in the bill of rights,beginning with legislators in Washington,Higher pay and gauranteed medical for our kids that serve and come back,this includes their families...just to start

Old 01-12-2009, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MI-IRISH View Post
Flat tax across the board for all people,A solid stance on the free trade market for the U.S. being able to be more competitive,A medical system comprised of doctors and surgeons to make decisions,not lawyers and insurance companies,protection of the Constitution and enforcement of said rules in the bill of rights,beginning with legislators in Washington,Higher pay and gauranteed medical for our kids that serve and come back,this includes their families...just to start
Nice. How will you pay for this??

Old 01-12-2009, 06:12 PM

541 posts, read 984,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Nice. How will you pay for this??
You really don't believe the pentagon pays 10,000 dollars for a toilet seat,or 5,000 for a hammer.I am pretty sure the money is there
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan