Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2009, 10:40 AM

12,083 posts, read 38,855,962 times

Advertisements

You dug up a 2 1/2 year old thread for that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2009, 11:27 AM

55 posts, read 101,053 times
Several good economic growth areas still around,although most have slowed during this "recession",at least a bit. Nashville is a hotspot. Atlanta is always strong. Phoenix/tucson. Texas seems to soar right through economic downturns,at least certain areas,so lots of good choices there....Austin,San Antonio,Houston...ect....I'm still hanging in there in Michigan,but have thought about Nashville.Awesome location if you travel a lot.

Old 10-30-2009, 11:29 AM

55 posts, read 101,053 times
P.S I think Chattanooga is real nice also,Not too hot,never that cold (not for a Michigander) .Don't really have to winterize the camper if your there!....Seems like a real nice area though.

Old 10-30-2009, 11:58 AM

13,387 posts, read 19,429,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spnage View Post
I live in Royal Oak mi and have lived in Michigan all of my life. I think we should all stop paying state and federal taxes. We as tax payers are paying the state and local governments to do a job that they are frankly not doing. Im paying you taxes to bail out these millionares on wall street that got us into this mess. What about us the backbone of this country the hard working middle and lower class. These people make millions and were worried about there jobs but not the people who live week to week. Its total bull ****t!!! I am a construction worker and unless I am a mexican or willing to work for min wage I cant get work. There arnt enough jobs to go around for the people who are already here but lets keep giving out visas and not getting rid of the illegals. But hey heres some more tax money. Is anybody else wondering what the hell where doing as a country. If you want a job dont move out of state move out of country. O but the europeans are smart they wont let you just move over there and take their jobs.
I know how your feeling. I was born and raised in Mi, but lived most of my life in So Calf.
Here's something that my answer some of your questions.
Immigration and Usurpation: Elites, Power, and the People’s Will
original link...
Immigration and Usurpation: Elites, Power, and the People̢۪s Will | Center for Immigration Studies

Old 10-30-2009, 02:41 PM

8,228 posts, read 14,219,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by electric_lady View Post
It seems there's a lot of talk on this board about getting the hell out of dodge.
Seems like there are more people asking questions about moving to Michigan than saying - hey I'm moving, see you on "X state" forum.

Old 10-30-2009, 03:34 PM

4,861 posts, read 9,310,229 times
I look at it like, yeah, go ahead! The more people who leave, the more jobs left for the rest of us and the less crowded it will be here.

We lived in AZ for a time this past year. Promised land? Uh...NOT! But, like us, y'all can't be told, you will have to find it out for yourselves, and no amount of wisdom will persuade you. BTDT. Good luck...

Old 11-01-2009, 12:44 PM

54 posts, read 71,803 times
off the ship with the rest of the shop rats.

Old 11-03-2009, 02:40 PM

3 posts, read 7,252 times
I live in Houston texas right now and i can only wait for the day to move back to michigan. If you havent lived anywhere else in the country (i'm sorry ppl are gonna get mad at me for this), dont move to the south. It isnt really a nice play to live. The traffic, the hundred degree days for months and when it isnt hot its raining, you will crave for fall because it stays green or its just brown and dead. The lakes is where i would like to be without poisinous spelling isnt good, things slithering and creeping all over. But hey im partcial to michigan all i know is that michigan doesnt have bugs the size of birds. Other than that the job market hasnt crashed in the south but with alternative energy coming the oil companies are going to be hurting especially with the new climate laws but do what you will.

Old 11-03-2009, 05:40 PM

323 posts, read 1,131,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giesela View Post
Seems like there are more people asking questions about moving to Michigan than saying - hey I'm moving, see you on "X state" forum.
Ha. Yeah I guess there are NOW. But I originally started this more than two years ago, at which point there were far more people inquiring about leaving. Oh the wonders of the Internet.

But to answer my own question: I now live in Montana. There's a few folks from Michigan but not many. I miss Michigan quite a bit and will return someday. But I'm young and not tied down - and I LOVE the mountains.

Old 11-03-2009, 05:53 PM

1,012 posts, read 2,560,533 times
I'm going to Wisconsin in FEB, where my family is. I should have never moved here, but thats another story. I dont know if it will be in the Madison or Milwaukee areas. I have family in both. If I had the $$, I would just pack up my car and leave now. Trust me on that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan