U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2009, 06:45 PM

304 posts, read 1,009,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joewings View Post
I got a letter 2 weeks before my tier 2 ran out. I was unable to file until I made my last call to marvin because I had a tag end amount. Just call 186650000017 and tell them you need to file for extended benefits to be safe. I wouldn't file online as that can cause delays customer service told me.

I start receiving my extended benefits next week and I have a question for you all. I work in lawn maintennance and landscaping. Given the fact the season is almost over if I find a job and only work till december will my extended benefit claim still be there with weeks remaining.
If you go full time I think you will have to try for a new claim...if you are part-time you can have earnings and they will only deduct 50% off of your EB benefits. Once you report you are working full time I believe that ends your unemployment. Say you work 2 months full time and get let go, or laid off....you might have to open a new claim. They go back 18 months so wherever you were working 18 months ago they will base your new claim on those wages. If you were not working 18 months ago you probably will not get any unemployment of any kind. I would call and ask "hey if I go to work full time and then I am laid off 3 months after can I go back on my EB benefits?" See what they say.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2009, 05:49 PM

131 posts, read 216,857 times
I have 1 week left to claim on my Tier II benefits and filed the application online for the EB extension. I still haven't received anything in the mail yet telling me if I qualify or not. Has anybody been denied for the eb?

Also, since I have one week left for my tier II, do I call marvin 2 weeks in a row, so I can claim that 1 last week before the eb hopefully starts, or is Marvin capable of paying out 1 week of tier II and 1 week of EB?

What information is necessary for the job search requirements where you have to post it to Marvin online?

Thanks for the help.

Old 09-02-2009, 01:57 AM

24 posts, read 49,793 times
Thanks michiganmom I thought this place was desserted. Also I made my first call for the extended benefits on monday and did not receive a check amount just a message saying if i qualify i will be paid. I turned in the job search list by fax last Friday. Usually my money is deposited by 10:00 pm Tuesday night. Now that Im working again I dont have time to call and wait for a representative and need the money for bills.

Old 09-05-2009, 07:53 AM

5 posts, read 13,378 times
Default question about eb in sc

question .... in sc i have aplied for eb benifts and had to attend a class staeing that if you r employer closed or has moved over seas is the only way you will get eb benfits //sounded strange to me .. i havent head anything yet on my clam and i called in to file as i usally did just for the heck of it and it says i have an amount on my clam avlb but as usally i had to report to the office whitch i already did ..so i guess my question is sence i had all my reg tier 1 benfits paid out and still no work how will i know if ill be getting benfits and now that the sytem shows i have an amount is that a good sign ? thanks

Old 10-17-2009, 12:16 PM

5 posts, read 9,111 times
My benefit year is about to end in 4 weeks and I just got a extra 13 weeks of extended benefits,do I file a new claim to keep collecting? Has anyone had there benefit year end and were still able to collect?

Old 10-20-2009, 05:57 PM

1 posts, read 2,561 times
I just received the same message tonight and I too am freaking out! I have already received 2 EB checks with no problem! I called tonight and at the end Marvin said something along the lines of "if my claim is approved then the check will be sent out as soon as possible and if I have not received a check within 10 days to call the inquiry line." I have no idea why I got this message when I have only received 2 EB checks......................does anybody have any idea?!?!

Old 03-23-2010, 05:12 PM

1 posts, read 2,009 times
I'm wondering if this site is still active. I was told by someone at Unemployment today that, unless Congress acts, all EB benefits will expire May 1, 2010. Has anyone else heard this?

Also, can someone tell me what it takes to start a new benefit year? I have read the information and it does not make sense at all. (about 4 of the last 5 quarters and 5x the monthly amt, etc) How much do you need to have made and when? THANKS!

Old 02-13-2011, 03:49 PM

1 posts, read 1,337 times
My benefit yr. ends 2/21/11. I finished tier 1 in Jan. & it rolled over to tier 2. I am on my 2nd wk. of tier 2. Last wk. I received an approval letter for another 14 wks. at same WBA. When I filed online today (SUN.) it said my benefits will end 2/26/11, but gave no instructions. If I've already been approved for an extention by letter, what will happen to the BYE online? Will the date auto. rollover for another yr.& I keep getting wkly payments?

I've read others reply's @ being denied or payments stopping, but to keep filing & tier 2 will continue. I am in OKLAHOMA & I havent worked at all in the last yr. Don't know what to expect after 2/26/11!!

Old 02-15-2011, 07:38 PM

2 posts, read 1,871 times
Just imagine if you spent the same amount of time trying to find a job, as you do trying to work the system...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan