Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 08:39 PM

304 posts, read 1,431,894 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phuron View Post
ok this is weird-but slightly reminiscent of my euc conversion that took place in jan 09. So i finally got my online app for eb squared away last week and updated in their computer system-AND-received my determination for the 20 week EB this past saturday. It says I'm good starting with the week of april 12th...which would make today my official "call in" or report in date. So I log on to Marvin to report my work search and claim weeks, but it says I can't report until after 5/3..?? Whaaa? So when I report in after another week gone by i will have been w/o benefits for three weeks instead of the regular two. This happened again back in January when I was switching to the euc and I ended up with a three week payment-which was great b/c at least it was accurate, but is a pain in the butt b/c I unfortunately depend upon the timely disbursement of these funds. Sooo...fyi and a heads up to everyone about the possible delay in payment as you convert to the 13+7 EB for unemployment. And to top it off the jobs in this area as so slim in pickings-at least the ones I'm qualified to do anyway *shrug*

Oh great...I call in tomorrow, wonder if that is gonna happen to me too?? How would you claim the three next week? Marvin only lets you do two at a time? The two I am claiming are week ending 4/18 and 4/25 is this the same as you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2009, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmom2008 View Post
Oh great...I call in tomorrow, wonder if that is gonna happen to me too?? How would you claim the three next week? Marvin only lets you do two at a time? The two I am claiming are week ending 4/18 and 4/25 is this the same as you?

Ok well mine went through today...said a check would be issued tomorrow for the full amount and for the last two weeks.

Old 04-28-2009, 02:30 PM

1 posts, read 3,671 times
I am confused. I have 3 weeks left on my extended UI. My benefit year expired on 4/19/09. Marvin said on my last call my benefit year expired and I need to file a new claim. I filed a new claim and was denied due to insufficient base wages. REALLY! I am unemployed. How can they do this? Any help please.

Old 04-28-2009, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbab725 View Post
I am confused. I have 3 weeks left on my extended UI. My benefit year expired on 4/19/09. Marvin said on my last call my benefit year expired and I need to file a new claim. I filed a new claim and was denied due to insufficient base wages. REALLY! I am unemployed. How can they do this? Any help please.

I think you will be ok......your new year has to be denied and you will continue on with the extension. They have to rule out a new benefit year before the extension will continue. same thing happened to me, continue to call marvin on your scheduled day. if you have any doubts just call the unemployment office. But im pretty sure you will just continue on with the rest of your weeks like I did. Good luck.

Old 04-28-2009, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmom2008 View Post
I think you will be ok......your new year has to be denied and you will continue on with the extension. They have to rule out a new benefit year before the extension will continue. same thing happened to me, continue to call marvin on your scheduled day. if you have any doubts just call the unemployment office. But im pretty sure you will just continue on with the rest of your weeks like I did. Good luck.
My benefit year ran out 12/29/08 and I have had to apply for a new benefit year 3 times since and have been denied 3 times to allow the extensions to kick in.

Old 04-28-2009, 06:17 PM

17 posts, read 38,532 times
Question So confusing

Ok here goes a wife trying to understand the unemployment maze. So many of you seem to be so unfortunately, because that means you are on unemployment benefits, knowledgable that I am hoping you can help me. The hubby was laid off in Jan 09 at what point does he need to do more than call MARVIN and what does he need to do. I have heard Tier I Tier II and Extended benefits used throughout most of the posts here. Can someone fill in my holes and/or correct mistakes I make.

Tier I is 26 weeks call MARVIN

Tier II is 33 weeks continue to call MARVIN no changes?

EB 20 weeks apply, put in 3 jobs per week via MARVIN account continue to call MARVIN
There doesn't seem an easy way to find this info regarding all this.
Thank you so very much
Lorretta

Old 04-28-2009, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robinsonzoo View Post
Ok here goes a wife trying to understand the unemployment maze. So many of you seem to be so unfortunately, because that means you are on unemployment benefits, knowledgable that I am hoping you can help me. The hubby was laid off in Jan 09 at what point does he need to do more than call MARVIN and what does he need to do. I have heard Tier I Tier II and Extended benefits used throughout most of the posts here. Can someone fill in my holes and/or correct mistakes I make.

Tier I is 26 weeks call MARVIN

Tier II is 33 weeks continue to call MARVIN no changes?

EB 20 weeks apply, put in 3 jobs per week via MARVIN account continue to call MARVIN
There doesn't seem an easy way to find this info regarding all this.
Thank you so very much
Lorretta

He should be contacted through mail when his weeks are comming to an end with instructions on what to do each time to qualify for the next extension. I am sure everyones situation is different and some of the extensions I think have an ending date to them....I suggest to read through all the posts. Most of us have posted updates so you will be able to read what we have had to go though. The most important thing I have been told from the office is to keep calling marvin on your scheduled day and time even if you only have 1 week left...claim the two because that is when your extension will kick in. Marvin will guide you, and not let you claim if you cant. If you cant he will prompt you with the next step or phone number to call.

Old 04-28-2009, 07:10 PM

17 posts, read 38,532 times
Thank you. It is such a trying event to go through as all of you are painfully aware.

Old 04-29-2009, 06:30 AM

19 posts, read 57,138 times
How long did it take for everyone's determination letter to come in the mail? From the time you called and/or email your EB application?

Old 04-29-2009, 06:45 AM

it was about 2 1/2 weeks for me......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan