Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2014, 08:39 PM

2 posts, read 1,807 times

Advertisements

Hi guys. I have never been more desperate. I am thinking about choosing a 4-year university to transfer once I got graduated from community college. People may have their point when advising me to go to MSU and UM-Ann Arbor because these two both have a good marketing program. But I CANNOT afford it. So guys, pleaseeeee can you recommend some good marketing schools in Michigan? I am currently considering Wayne State University. What do you think of this school?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2014, 12:11 AM

5,739 posts, read 6,934,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandylam156 View Post
Hi guys. I have never been more desperate. I am thinking about choosing a 4-year university to transfer once I got graduated from community college. People may have their point when advising me to go to MSU and UM-Ann Arbor because these two both have a good marketing program. But I CANNOT afford it. So guys, pleaseeeee can you recommend some good marketing schools in Michigan? I am currently considering Wayne State University. What do you think of this school?
Without first hand experience, I see Wayne alumni crop up occasionally in the national media as experts in various fields. I think it has a good rep.

Wayne State University | Best College | US News

Student Reviews - Wayne State University - Cappex

Wayne State University in World Top 500 Universities

Here are some "user reviews".
Wayne State University (StudentsReview) - College Reviews Graduate Student Opinion school Ranking, Reviews and Comments by Graduate Students
Wayne State University - Midtown - Detroit, MI | Yelp
http://www.city-data.com/forum/detro...education.html

Sorry if you already covered all this.

Old 03-03-2014, 06:13 AM

2,210 posts, read 3,496,129 times
Wayne State has a well respected business program. The name doesn't have national recognition like UM or MSU, but if you stay in-state you will be fine.

Also look into UM-Dearborn, Walsh and Oakland U's business programs. They are all on the same tier as Wayne.

Old 03-03-2014, 07:39 AM

8,882 posts, read 19,854,193 times
Quote:
It doesn't really matter where you get your Bachelor's in marketing. You could even check out Grand Valley State University or other lower tier schools like CMU. It matters more where you get your MBA in Marketing (if you ever get one), and employers sometimes help with the cost of that down the road.

Wayne State would be fine.

Old 03-03-2014, 03:04 PM

3,120 posts, read 8,064,729 times
Quote:
Could you even get into Michigan or Michigan State with that sort of grammar? "Once I got"? I predict that you will rack up student loan debt and end up being unable to find a job in the over-saturated marketing field. A college degree alone is insufficient today when our nation's colleges are producing two or three times as many new graduates as jobs available.

Last edited by Bhaalspawn; 03-03-2014 at 04:09 PM..

Old 03-03-2014, 09:18 PM

2 posts, read 1,807 times
thank you guys. I will probably take all your pieces of advice into consideration. Again, thanks for spending time on me and giving me all the precious information.

Old 03-04-2014, 08:10 AM

123 posts, read 224,478 times
The recent college grads that I know that have landed good jobs generally had one extra thing going for them - an internship!
If money is tight, I would choose the less expensive school for a 4 year degree and find an internship, even an unpaid job for a charity. That's my 2 cents.

Old 03-04-2014, 01:38 PM

2,210 posts, read 3,496,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aoletsgo View Post
The recent college grads that I know that have landed good jobs generally had one extra thing going for them - an internship!
If money is tight, I would choose the less expensive school for a 4 year degree and find an internship, even an unpaid job for a charity. That's my 2 cents.
I agree 100%. Any experience you can get while in school will be as important as your degree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan