Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2009, 05:58 AM

8,882 posts, read 19,854,193 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by michmoldman View Post
Thats a great picture with the 3 different shades of water color.
I posted this in the photo thread, but Torch Lake is the same way. Actually, Torch never looks the same from one day to the next and one hour to the next. We are truly blessed with some awesome natural resources.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2009, 09:46 AM

1,059 posts, read 2,695,288 times
absolutely love the shades of color in the water here in TC. and surrounding areas. As we drive into town from our home, my husband is continually saying "it is so beautiful here" or "we are never leaving here"
You dont have to be rich...or poor...or the in between to enjoy and take in the beauty that surrounds us.

Old 07-10-2009, 09:52 AM

939 posts, read 2,681,376 times
Absolutely The natural beauty is amazing. Only thing we do not have are mountains. As long as u can make a living, this place is about the best to be IMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshineann View Post
absolutely love the shades of color in the water here in TC. and surrounding areas. As we drive into town from our home, my husband is continually saying "it is so beautiful here" or "we are never leaving here"
You dont have to be rich...or poor...or the in between to enjoy and take in the beauty that surrounds us.

Old 07-10-2009, 10:43 AM

1,217 posts, read 3,275,986 times
I'd like to hear your definition of rich or wealthy. We were just up in TC and we looked at homes up there when we got back. You can get a nice size house anywhere from $120k to $250k in nice locations. Hell if you don't need to space I found a cabin right on Grand Traverse Bay 2bed and 1300 sqft for just over $200k might have been just under. I think if my wife an I ever had a chance to visit up there without the kids to entertain she would fall in love with it.

Old 07-10-2009, 10:59 AM
YAZ

7,708 posts, read 14,086,783 times
Just wondering if Stroh's still makes that wonderful cherry ice cream......

Old 07-10-2009, 09:03 PM

939 posts, read 2,681,376 times
There are homes up here (nice ones too) for EVERY budget. Like I said earlier, if u can make a living up here and enjoy the four seasons, fishing, hunting, boating, snowmobiling, fishing, etc...this is a great place to be

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGatti View Post
I'd like to hear your definition of rich or wealthy. We were just up in TC and we looked at homes up there when we got back. You can get a nice size house anywhere from $120k to $250k in nice locations. Hell if you don't need to space I found a cabin right on Grand Traverse Bay 2bed and 1300 sqft for just over $200k might have been just under. I think if my wife an I ever had a chance to visit up there without the kids to entertain she would fall in love with it.

Old 07-10-2009, 09:28 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,706,419 times
Perhaps I'm delusional, but am I the only one sensing that Michigan is about to become a destination of sorts?

I just keep hearing more and more about it - from new film festivals and movies filmed there to the successful Pure Michigan campaign to just a general awakening that there's a whole lot of prime coastline in the middle of the country...

Might just be me, though. Most people still claim to hate winter (which hasn't stopped Colorado and Utah).

Old 07-10-2009, 10:21 PM

1,399 posts, read 4,180,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giesela View Post
Hey I'm glad you can all afford beautiful waterfront properties, 40 acreas with a cabin and a pond. I do ok and I know I can't.
Your attitude and mistaken assumptions are a crock. I don't live on the water, but I live in a small Leelanau County village where the beach is a block away. Doesn't get any better than that, and doesn't cost a fortune to own a home. Cheap? No, of course not.
Tell me...what property is cheap, accessible, and beautiful? Where would it be? Is somone supposed to sell you fine property and a house for dirt cheap? Kinda reminds me of people getting out of high school or college then looking around and asking "where's my house, where's my car?" as if it's somehow owed to them.
I'm sorry you can't afford what you want and are obviously bitter about it, but I've worked long, hard, and smart, so I can chose where I want to live, within reason, and afford to do so. I have a very modest home in a wonderful place, and that's plenty.
Spare me the whining.

Old 07-10-2009, 10:31 PM

1,399 posts, read 4,180,329 times
around the neighborhood
Attached Thumbnails
Article re Traverse City as new Foodie Haven in MSNBC.com-neighborhood6.jpg   Article re Traverse City as new Foodie Haven in MSNBC.com-newharborpics-175.jpg  

Old 07-11-2009, 05:44 AM

8,882 posts, read 19,854,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
Perhaps I'm delusional, but am I the only one sensing that Michigan is about to become a destination of sorts?

I just keep hearing more and more about it - from new film festivals and movies filmed there to the successful Pure Michigan campaign to just a general awakening that there's a whole lot of prime coastline in the middle of the country...

Might just be me, though. Most people still claim to hate winter (which hasn't stopped Colorado and Utah).
Maybe it's us here creating a buzz. Actually, city-data is one of the (if not the) busiest discussion boards on the internet. I consistently average about 6000 page views per week for my posts, which is incredible in that I mainly just post here in the Michigan section.

Keep spreading the good word about what a great place Michigan is!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan