Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2009, 01:22 AM

43 posts, read 99,388 times

Advertisements

I would like to know all about the elementary schools in Three Rivers, any information is great, good or bad. I have a son who will be in the first grade this year, well in Louisiana (where we are at the moment he started his first grade August 14) so he is already in school here. I do know that they dont start until Sept. 8th up there, but have been looking and Hoppins is closest to where we will live, but then there is Andrews and I was wondering which qualities each have.

We should be moving soon, just waiting on the job hubby got to tell him when.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2009, 02:47 AM

come on, no one knows anything about any of these schools

Old 08-17-2009, 05:58 AM

183 posts, read 610,186 times
Um, you posted pretty early in the morning. Give people a chance to wake up and have their coffee

Old 08-17-2009, 06:10 AM

6,191 posts, read 18,161,108 times
To be fair, she posted the first one two days ago. Compared to metro Detroit/SE MI, that corner of Michigan is sparsely populated, there probably aren't as many people familar with schools there as, say, A2 or Rochester Hills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoshoewalkr View Post
Um, you posted pretty early in the morning. Give people a chance to wake up and have their coffee

Old 08-17-2009, 07:22 AM

lol, thank you lol, i usually dont sleep until after i take my son to school lol well lately, i am up from 12 midnight when my daughter wakes from being asleep since 8 but i have been asleep with her then i stay up do exercises at about 6 and then get breakfast and my son ready and stay up until after everyone is happy lol, my hubby right now will watch my daughter during the day since he isnt working right now, but she usually sleeps from say 3 or 4 am until maybe 12 to 2 the next day. then i am up again to go get my son from school

Old 08-17-2009, 07:34 AM

183 posts, read 610,186 times
My apologies! I am guilty of non-observance, due to not having MY coffee yet when I posted! If no one with personal experience with these schools replies, you might try googling the schools to obtain their phone numbers, then calling them and asking some questions yourself. We're getting close to the time when admin/office people are back in the office, preparing for the start of school.

Old 08-17-2009, 07:40 AM

thank you that maybe what i do, i will have to make a list of some good questions to ask.

Old 08-19-2009, 07:26 AM

497 posts, read 1,176,517 times
I raised my kids in Three Rivers Schools and now they are raising theirs in Three River Schools. Both Hoppin and Andrews are excellent, but if offered the choice I'd go with Andrews. It's right behind my son's home! Good Teachers.

Be glad to answer any questions you might have a bout TR.

Old 08-26-2009, 08:40 AM

14 posts, read 61,611 times
My son attended Andrews and we had a great experience there. The teachers were very energetic and more than willing to come in early or stay late in order to meet with me if I had a concern. I don't have much personal experience with Hoppin, but have heard that it is also has a great teaching staff. I'm not sure how true this is, but I'm under the impression that Andrews places a little more emphasis on art while Hoppin places a little more emphasis on science.

I have also heard that Andrews is almost if not all the way filled to capacity because my sister has a son who is within walking distance to Andrews but has to take a bus to Norton Elementary due to overcrowding.

Hope this helps!

Old 08-26-2009, 12:37 PM

wow overcrowding, never thought about that
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan