Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 06:50 PM

850 posts, read 1,898,619 times

Advertisements

bump because i saw flashes of red in the trees on the way to work.....its starting:}
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2009, 08:30 AM

428 posts, read 800,394 times
I just get shocked at how early it starts here. Heck, I've lived in places before where fall never even happens! South Texas, southern California...Most trees don't even change. So to come from that to a place where some trees start changing in AUGUST and I even saw a few trees this year fading a little yellow by the last week of JULY...trips me out!

Old 09-15-2009, 08:22 AM

12,083 posts, read 38,855,962 times
YAZ took a couple this last week-end around my area (Mason County). There are a few trees that are starting to turn.

And the apples are very, very close to harvest right now. I saw a couple of ladders out yesterday and the growers out checking them. The pumpkins are almost ready to go as well.

Old 09-15-2009, 12:37 PM
YAZ YAZ started this thread

7,708 posts, read 14,086,783 times
I wanna camp out in the middle of that field and watch for the "Great Pumpkin".

Warm cider on a crisp day will make anyone smile....

I love camping in MI this time of year; the campgrounds are quiet and the critters are more easily spotted.

Antlers on the deer are gettin' big, and they're losin' their summer red.

Great pics, Bydand.

Old 09-15-2009, 12:44 PM

8,882 posts, read 19,854,193 times
I can't believe how amazing the weather has been in September. Mid to upper 70's and sunny here every day for almost 3 weeks, with another great weekend coming up.

Old 09-16-2009, 01:46 AM

271 posts, read 251,675 times
All in all it was a cold summer. The weather starts to get cold in september, I have seen it spit snow more than not in september and have seen several inches. I have also hunted deer in november in my shirt sleeves. Its a crap shoot, but in october in the mid south you still have very nice weather. And it is nice not to have to think about the crap winter, sleet and plowing. We do have more than our fair share of tin foil hat wearing idiots who are the tea bagger birther bunch though. And way to many of those sickining christian bible thumpers who could not think themselfs out of a wet paper sack. As bad as I hate the snow I still do not know which is worse.

Old 09-16-2009, 10:48 AM

271 posts, read 664,950 times
Yeah at least to me, summer was pretty worthless, though others seemed to enjoy the constant rain and cold and gloomy skies. Thankfully it seems we are making up for it now. I've been enjoying the last couple weeks, it's been great. Snow and cold is inevitable but hopefully this sticks around for awhile longer.

One way to look at it WE get to enjoy it after most of the tourists have had to go home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan