U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2009, 02:31 PM

1,067 posts, read 1,125,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bydand View Post
Nope not a baby boomer, not self absorbed either, just have a bit of common sense. And thanks for worrying about my future, but rest assured, I have taken care of it - ALL of it. Still have many years to go before I should need it, but I am ready right now... are you?

Oh, so that means you are just over here trolling in the Michigan forum.
Yes. and Yes. and Yes. (Since that seems to be all you want to hear. )
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2009, 04:40 PM

12 posts, read 25,319 times
A couple of years ago I started to notice that my cigarettes kinda tasted off. They also gave me terrible sore throats and a nagging feeling of having to clear my throat every 5 minutes. It was so bad my father thought I might have cancer. He was very worried. I thought my body was having an allergic reaction. Then I cut way down and was smoking 4 or 5 a week. Then 5 months ago I quite coold turkey. I had no idea about FSC until a few months ago after telling my mother the story. She told me about FSC.

My throat feels better and, my head feels better. The only thing is that there is no "FSC" lable on any of the cigarettes that I have purchased here in Mt. Pleasant MI. Is it possible that we have been getting FSC treated products?

I am glad I do not smoke anymore. But if there was "FSC" in any of the cigarettes that I smoked I would have liked it if someone would have told me before I smoked it. I kinda like to make choices for myself.

My husband smokes like California in August. He has suffered with headaches so bad for the passed two years. From what I read headaches have been sited as a possible side-affect of FSC. But Michigan is not to start using FSC treated cigarettes until 2010.

Old 09-28-2009, 06:49 PM

217 posts, read 326,661 times
Michigan is indeed using FSC cigarettes right now! I have been going to one of 2 different stores that are not carrying them yet. Citgo's in the Marquette area have the FSC ones!

Old 10-15-2009, 10:21 PM

4 posts, read 8,378 times
fsc cigs in the imlay city dryden area as well....they are here in michigan and hard to find anywhere that hasnt started to sell them yet....headaches and sore throats and bad taste from everyone i no that is having to smoke them now...not to mention what ever new chemicals we are takeing in as well...

Old 10-15-2009, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Go right ahead, none of that would affect me one tiny bit. OK it would have some effect, it would lower my taxes and free up needed resources that are being used on those who think it is their God given right to abuse themselves and expect the rest of us to carry them when it bites them on the ass.
wow...you ar one cold dude!!! o my gosh, wouldnt want anything to affect you..your to good to care about someone who couldnt maybe afford med insurance you'd rather have them just die off...let me tell you what, when there on medicaid and welfare...YOUR PAYING...duh!!

Old 10-15-2009, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiroptera View Post
Where does it say it's potentially fatal? Or even that harmful?

Why are you worried about this instead of all the other [URL="http://www.quit-smoking-stop.com/harmful-chemicals-in-cigarettes.html"]proven harmful chemicals in cigarettes[/URL]? I mean really. I'm not an anti-smoking person by a long shot but it really does seem funny that you're mad about EVA and somehow not so worried about all the other bad stuff in smokes.

nobody said we werent worried about the other chemicals already in cigs....but we dont need anything more to worry about...and ahving to relight these cigs that go out every minute only makes them more of a fire hazard and the large chunks of paper that fall off and have to ash twice as much also make more of a hazard...clear your not a smoker so have no idea what new problems this cigs may develope

Old 10-15-2009, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Nope not a baby boomer, not self absorbed either, just have a bit of common sense. And thanks for worrying about my future, but rest assured, I have taken care of it - ALL of it. Still have many years to go before I should need it, but I am ready right now... are you?

Oh, so that means you are just over here trolling in the Michigan forum.
wow again...hmmm...still have many years...you sound pretty sure of that...i wouldnt be that sure being a smoker or not!!

Old 10-16-2009, 03:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey322534 View Post
fsc cigs in the imlay city dryden area as well....they are here in michigan and hard to find anywhere that hasnt started to sell them yet....headaches and sore throats and bad taste from everyone i no that is having to smoke them now...not to mention what ever new chemicals we are takeing in as well...
Hey...I graduated in good old Almont back in the day! Funny to see towns like Dryden (our old football rivals!) and Imlay City posted on here...LOL

Old 10-16-2009, 05:18 AM

12,152 posts, read 20,603,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joey322534 View Post
wow again...hmmm...still have many years...you sound pretty sure of that...i wouldnt be that sure being a smoker or not!!
Do you miss the point on everything as much as you have missed the point on the posts you have quoted from me? I suggest going back and really reading it again, this time slowly so you understand what you are reading.

Old 10-16-2009, 04:41 PM

Joey sounds like a jackass IMHO.........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan