Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2009, 11:08 AM

137 posts, read 331,705 times

Advertisements

U-M economists see no job growth in Michigan until 2011 | detnews.com | The Detroit News (http://detnews.com/article/20091120/METRO/911200406/U-M-economists-see-no-job-growth-until-2011 - broken link)

Great news. I think we all are or will be soon- right across state lines. Sad times.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2009, 11:37 AM

497 posts, read 1,176,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by junior 88 fan View Post
U-M economists see no job growth in Michigan until 2011 | detnews.com | The Detroit News (http://detnews.com/article/20091120/METRO/911200406/U-M-economists-see-no-job-growth-until-2011 - broken link)

Great news. I think we all are or will be soon- right across state lines. Sad times.

Yep, she blew us away alright. By the time hurricane jenny leaves office there will be nothing left of Michigan. I don't know if we can be brought back and if we can, it will take a long time. Michigan just might be in for 8-12 years of Republicans. Too bad DeVoss won't run again.

Old 11-20-2009, 11:37 AM

1,012 posts, read 2,560,533 times
Well I guess no one can accuse Jenny of lying when she said Michigan would be 'blown away' in five years, can they??

Old 11-20-2009, 11:43 AM

497 posts, read 1,176,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krock1dk View Post
Well I guess no one can accuse Jenny of lying when she said Michigan would be 'blown away' in five years, can they??
This is true. The woman has been a proven disaster. Although, I beleive she has accomplished exactly what she set out to do. She turned Michigan into a liberal, democrat voting welfare state

Old 11-20-2009, 11:47 AM

72 posts, read 148,297 times
is that a wood tick or a mole? haha.

Yeah, she's just about blown Michigan off the maps for sure!!!!

This will take decades to recover from.

Old 11-20-2009, 03:06 PM

541 posts, read 985,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwinn_raptor View Post
is that a wood tick or a mole? haha.

Yeah, she's just about blown Michigan off the maps for sure!!!!

This will take decades to recover from.
i don't know but to get "blown away"..i'd gnaw on it

Old 11-21-2009, 01:26 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 60'sGal View Post
Yep, she blew us away alright. By the time hurricane jenny leaves office there will be nothing left of Michigan. I don't know if we can be brought back and if we can, it will take a long time. Michigan just might be in for 8-12 years of Republicans. Too bad DeVoss won't run again.
What's bad is if it's like California where the working taxpaying types are leaving while the welfare dependent are staying. That only increases the ratio of democrat voters.

It's no accident that the states with the plushest welfare programs are the ones hurting the most.

Old 11-21-2009, 07:57 AM

1,217 posts, read 3,275,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
What's bad is if it's like California where the working taxpaying types are leaving while the welfare dependent are staying. That only increases the ratio of democrat voters.

It's no accident that the states with the plushest welfare programs are the ones hurting the most.
Well good ol Arnnie out there is a Republican and if his people are leaving I'd have to point the finger at him for it. I try to base my vote on the best candidate for any office and even though I'm not impressed with anything Grandholm has done I don't blame her for the condition our state is in today. I don't think anyone could have done anything to prevent what happened to this state. I blame one person and his administration for what happened to our entire country and thankfully he is no longer there. If there has ever been a point in time that our government should have stepped in was when the gas companies started to rape us. To this day I point at the War in Iraq and the rising out of control gas prices for our problems. When my fuel bill doubled for two cars it ate all of my extra income and we bought nothing and did not travel AT ALL. I think this was a pretty wide spread practice across the country and in Michigan our two biggest industries were hurt. Tourism and the auto industry. That killed us.

OK rant over. Sorry but had to get that off my chest.

Old 11-21-2009, 09:59 AM

137 posts, read 331,705 times
Arnnie is not a conservative and is surrounded by weenie lib-tards who continue to increase the tax base out there. Income tax just went up to 10%! We would have cheaper gas if we drilled here and refined more in our own country. But wait, we can't do that in fear of a spill or it leading to the hoax of global warming. Spare me. What didn't and will not help this state is having two lame brain senators who should be thrown out of the country. Levin has authored or sponsored more government restrictions on the his states auto industry then any other. He continues to lead the charge with ridiculous cafe standards that must be met or else. How does that help us? Stabby is on record saying she 'Feels global warming' every time she flies. WTF?! How is that knucklehead helping this state in any form or fashion? She should be home knitting slippers and we should have a fighter in there doing all he can for this state and not worry about party lines. That won't happen anytime soon though. We're doomed.

Old 11-21-2009, 11:19 AM

850 posts, read 1,898,619 times
all politicians are useless. but to blame granholm for everything is ridiculous. and when does anyone ever take personal responsibility? those idiots in office represent US. we voted for them, yet we never take responsibility do we?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
View detailed profiles of: