Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2012, 07:35 PM

7,357 posts, read 11,689,214 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAZ View Post
The KKK was never active in Howell.

The Pastor Miles was in Cohoctah.

You're prob'ly not going to see ANY color than white in many small towns of Michigan.

The auction you speak of was initiated by simple entrepreunership. Dollars to donuts sez that many of the buyers were from out of town.

That's an incredibly broad brush that you paint with, BTW.
But bear in mind, Cohoctah is just sort of a tumor on the side of Howell.

With that said, the whole county is changing and diversifying. There are starting to be many more black faces, and heads don't swivel in astonishment now when a nonwhite person walks down the street. There is a even an African-American minister with an all-white congregation there now. It's not Ann Arbor, but it's starting to join the current century a little.

Old 11-01-2012, 07:07 AM

30,702 posts, read 79,403,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VengeanceIsMine79 View Post
I have no qualms living in an all White area...It all depends who the Whites are...Its not true that most people are rich in Howell according to alleghenyangel. Conservative, white, and straight, YES...Howell is very blue collar and many are scraping by on their 12 credit cards (thankfully, I never trusted Wall Street and use my cash on hand)...Brighton, east to Farmington Hills, Rochester Hills, Auburn Hills is where the upper crust lives (and alot of people out east near Sterling Heights and those areas have a very large population of wealthy ALBANIANS, RUSSIANS, JEWS, CHALDEANS, and MUSLIM MIDDLE EASTERNERS).

As for Howell, businesses (unless you're a big corporation like Wal Mart or McDonald's) are doing awful right now!! More and more people are foreclosing on their homes, the divorce rate continues to go up, autism and obesity are through the roof, and most post-baby boomer White Americans of Western European descent have no where near the intellect and education levels they once had when we put man on the moon. The last conservative president of the US was a pure Anglo-Saxon or neanderthal named Bush and he couldn't even handle speaking the English language in its proper context. OUR PRESIDENT FOR IT (god, allah, yourself, your cat, etc) SAKES!!!

I consider myself conservative on most issues, but its human reasoning that helps us judge when to be conservative and when to take that liberal stance. Thankfully, I read and study instead of listening to that psycho, Bill O'Reilly or that reptilian Keith Olberman. Do you know that in Europe, primary schools start teaching kids one or more languages by the time they reach 1st grade? They will converse in the foreign language throughout class time and as they become adults they can speak the language as good or better than the native speakers. Over here, some of us say if you can't speak English than get the hell out on a bumper sticker of a gas guzzling Ford F-350 diesel extended cab(which they don't need, its just so they can look tough)!! Yes, its true Howell is a little backwards, but I am happy to find my car still in the car port when I leave for work in the morning I respect my neighbors and I don't want to immigrate to Europe. I want to help change things for the better so my country can compete and be strong here at home. We are nothing but a consumer culture now with people who misuse the freedoms granted to them but do nothing when the government begins to take all our freedoms away.

Lastly, if you have children and care for their safety, Howell is perfect for raising a family and is safe for people of all races and backgrounds!! I may be an Agnostic Atheist, but I am not politically correct anything, so God Bless America!!!

Gotta love this post. Generalizations and stereotyping are soooo cool. I am going to print this and hang it on my wall. Please write some more like this.

Old 11-01-2012, 01:54 PM
YAZ

7,698 posts, read 14,018,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExDetroiter View Post
I'm black and look like a dope dealer because of how I dress, but Brighton was shown me and my family nothing but love and kindness since we moved her for my job a year ago.... I have NOT experience a drop of racial hate.... I love Brighton.
Why do you dress like a dope dealer?

Old 11-02-2012, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAZ View Post
Why do you dress like a dope dealer?

I did nto know they ahd a uniform. What does a dope dealer wear? Don Johnson outfits?

Old 11-03-2012, 08:52 AM

43 posts, read 86,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Driver View Post
If you are NOT Native American than you are descendants of immigrants.
"Native" American's immigranted from somewhere else also, so they are also immigrants.

Old 11-03-2012, 08:56 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,066,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pugboy View Post
"Native" American's immigranted from somewhere else also, so they are also immigrants.
Based on what evidence? If the bible is used as evidence, there is no such thing as "native" anyone..
How long does a culture have to live in an area to be indigenous or native?
Native American Indian culture has been around the North American and South American continents for nearly 20,000 years.

Where did the Native American Indians migrate from? And do not even think the answer is ASIA...

Old 11-05-2012, 04:54 PM

Well it depends on which group of native American you are referring to. Frequently more recent groups moved in and killed, drove out, or assimilated the prior people. It always cracks me up when people say the bad evil white man came and took the land away from the Indians who took it away from the Indians who were there before, who in turn took it from those who had it before that. Or in the case of California, the evil Americans took it form the nice Mexicans who took it form the Indians who were once there, because they took it from the earlier people. (I know more of California history in this regard than Michigan, but there was some of this in at least parts of Michigan.). It gets to be a game of "Hey! I took it first!" However what really matters is who took it last. The first peoples and their descendents are all dead. Do the people who killed them and their descendants have dibs?

Old 11-13-2012, 04:50 AM

3 posts, read 10,326 times
I wear expensive stuff, like Gucci and Al Wissam's. lol. Where I'm from, only dealers can afford that type of stuff. But since I went to school, I get paid enough an hour to afford it also.

Old 11-13-2012, 09:55 AM

7,357 posts, read 11,689,214 times
Quote:
I wear expensive stuff, like Gucci and Al Wissam's. lol. Where I'm from, only dealers can afford that type of stuff. But since I went to school, I get paid enough an hour to afford it also.

Well, maybe your stereotype is different from white Brighton's. They expect giant pants and a baseball cap cranked around backwards, plus as many gold chains as your spine can withstand.

Old 11-13-2012, 10:25 AM

Quote:
I would not think you were a drug dealer wearing that, I might figure you are a metrosexual, but not a drug dealer. UNless you mean a bunch of Gucci gold chains or alligator boots.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan