Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2009, 09:17 PM

116 posts, read 407,831 times

Advertisements

First off we are looking for a convience store with gas and a attached residence.The first realator never would give us a disclosure and lied about everything.Thank god we called the DEQ in michigan and found out this placed had been RED tagged and had be bought it we would be held liable for the clean up,I mean what in the hell is this person thinking.I think she and the owner had something going and were trying to find some sucker to buy this place and it was almost me.FYI this place is in gladwin.There is alot more to the story but I dont want to write a book. The second store we are dealing with now has gone abit smoother but still there is this sense of people hiding something.So we call back the DEQ guy cause he said give him a call on any property and he can tell us about the gas tanks.Now on this piece and he has said most stores are closed down because WalMart has ran them out of business.Now why didnt the agent tell us this in the first place , I know she is trying to make a sale but there also screwing with peoples money. I f youre looking for anything to buy in michigan I would seriously consider doing your own investigation work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2009, 08:00 AM

428 posts, read 797,154 times
And I would 2nd your suggestion. Not all realtors are bad but very many of them here, and especially now, are DESPERATE. Just watch out.

Old 10-20-2009, 08:07 AM

12,082 posts, read 38,728,265 times
Doing your own legwork is always a good idea, even if you have a gem for a Realtor. And no not all Realtors in MI are liars.

Old 10-20-2009, 08:13 AM

24,834 posts, read 37,217,649 times
Use the DEQ LUST site.

Leaking underground storage tanks.

Old 10-20-2009, 11:01 AM

116 posts, read 407,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Use the DEQ LUST site.

Leaking underground storage tanks.

Thats a great site for looking up gas station records.

Thanks

Old 10-21-2009, 08:22 AM

189 posts, read 520,439 times
Don't know much about gas stations and commercial realty, but I can tell you with absolute confidence that most realtors have no f'ing clue what they're doing. Of all the problems in the home market right now, they're only a small portion of it, but you can rest assured that there's no way anybody in the future is going to be forking over 7% of their home's value just to get it listed on the internet... which is about all realtors seems capable of doing currently.

Unfortunately, because of the easy money, I think that industry has been taken over by retirees looking for an easy buck and housewives who needed to get a job with flexible hours. Finding a realtor who actually works for that commission, rather than just printing out whatever the internet spits at them and then having you do all the leg work, is pretty difficult.

Granted, in today's market, 90% of them are making no money and probably suffering as bad as anyone right now.

Old 10-21-2009, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTUCache View Post
Don't know much about gas stations and commercial realty, but I can tell you with absolute confidence that most realtors have no f'ing clue what they're doing. Of all the problems in the home market right now, they're only a small portion of it, but you can rest assured that there's no way anybody in the future is going to be forking over 7% of their home's value just to get it listed on the internet... which is about all realtors seems capable of doing currently.

Unfortunately, because of the easy money, I think that industry has been taken over by retirees looking for an easy buck and housewives who needed to get a job with flexible hours. Finding a realtor who actually works for that commission, rather than just printing out whatever the internet spits at them and then having you do all the leg work, is pretty difficult.

Granted, in today's market, 90% of them are making no money and probably suffering as bad as anyone right now.
EASY???? Are you kidding? Anytime you are dealing with people is is NOT easy. I have been doing a lot of work though realtors on repo and HUD properties. I could NEVER deal with the whining they do from people.

Old 10-21-2009, 10:13 AM

262 posts, read 778,513 times
The threshold to get a RE license is very low, basically a weekend course and a test and you are in. It’s not ‘easy’ to make a living but it is easy to get in. The draw is high returns. Regardless I really trust two people out there the OP and me and I am not so sure about the OP. That’s longhand for caveat emptor.

Old 10-21-2009, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toymeister View Post
The threshold to get a RE license is very low, basically a weekend course and a test and you are in. It’s not ‘easy’ to make a living but it is easy to get in. The draw is high returns. Regardless I really trust two people out there the OP and me and I am not so sure about the OP. That’s longhand for caveat emptor.
I do not trust you or the OP. I never risk more than I can afford to lose. Just saying there is nothing EASY about dealing with people.

Old 10-21-2009, 12:22 PM

87 posts, read 231,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daddythreepointoh View Post
And I would 2nd your suggestion. Not all realtors are bad but very many of them here, and especially now, are DESPERATE. Just watch out.
They can't be THAT desperate; I am in the process of selling my house here and buying a house in Michigan and have e-mailed a half a dozen RE agents to get more information on a property and have been mostly ignored. Looks like I have to do my own footwork? I have my in-laws looking for me too...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
View detailed profiles of: