Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2010, 11:35 PM

970 posts, read 2,968,416 times

Advertisements

Also Tricia, take a look at the streets between Leith, Franklin, Davison, and the UAW highway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2010, 08:36 AM

2 posts, read 3,759 times
If u stay in Flint try a charter school, International has nice scores, Grand Blanc Academy is well organized lessons plus the staff has nice attitudes . As far as flint schools they teach the same things just a mess and they need to update there books and paperwork!

Old 02-03-2011, 08:00 AM

1 posts, read 1,783 times
Hola! Having grown up in Flint -during its glory days- and returned briefly to teach, I can say that the first thing you and all other parents should do is force, by any means available, the Flint Board of Education to re-open and engage Flint Central High School and the Mott Foundation to get going on re-establishing premier education, music, drama, art and debate. Take it to Civic Park, Longfellow...and on and on. Quit focusing on the 'burbs, 'cause they never were much except 'white flight' (GO translate Grand Blanc some day for grins!) Much respect to those who have rescued the Flint Farmers Market, area neighborhoods, gardens, small businesses...and somebody, please help out Ballenger, Forest and the other parks. Stop writing off areas and waiting for "theys" to step up. If you lead; 'they' will follow.

Old 02-04-2011, 09:31 AM

985 posts, read 1,901,943 times
Grand Blanc schools are the best in the county. Lots of reasonable houses too. Best of Luck to you and your family.

I had 3 kids in the GB school system..then we moved just a couple of weeks ago

Old 02-04-2011, 02:01 PM

336 posts, read 908,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remisc View Post
Also Tricia, take a look at the streets between Leith, Franklin, Davison, and the UAW highway.
I'd consider that the old eastside neighborhoods, and like I said, I've no reason to go there.

Next time you're driving around Flint, check out the group of streets between East Pierson, Saginaw St., Martin Luther King Blvd., and East Carpenter. Then tell me how that's not like Detroit.

North end. Again, no reason to go there.

I don't have to drive through any disgusting areas to get anywhere I need to go in Flint. Nope, I take that back, I take Dort Hwy to get to Clio, Birch Run, and Frankenmuth.

Old 02-04-2011, 02:38 PM

2,368 posts, read 5,105,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
I have touched some nerves here and set off the Genessee county residents into super defensive mode here. The reason they have become upset is because what I say is true. The nicest parts in the Flint area have drugs and violence in the community. Even the auto insurance is higher in that area because of all the losses. My advice to the OP, go check it out on the net. Look up the statistics on that area, then go visit it. One of the above even suggested Mt Morris and Burton, both towns are run down and have major issues. Im sure some of these people would also say "Flint is not that bad" or something like that. These people are just angry that someone is saying some not so nice things about their towns, and I understand that. However for someone considering looking for a nice place to live, you would be wise to avoid anywhere inside Genesee county, with the exception of Fenton or Linden which are both nice towns with much less Flint problems spilling over into them. I wish you the best of luck.
My suggestion is to ignore this troll. Flint's alright by me. Around the University it isn't bad at all, in the city!

As for suburbs, Swartz Creek is nice as ****.

My bet is Danielj is the type that would prefer a McMansion in Houston in a false-sense-of-security... I mean gated community.

Old 02-04-2011, 02:40 PM

2,368 posts, read 5,105,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbnStranger View Post
Hola! Having grown up in Flint -during its glory days- and returned briefly to teach, I can say that the first thing you and all other parents should do is force, by any means available, the Flint Board of Education to re-open and engage Flint Central High School and the Mott Foundation to get going on re-establishing premier education, music, drama, art and debate. Take it to Civic Park, Longfellow...and on and on. Quit focusing on the 'burbs, 'cause they never were much except 'white flight' (GO translate Grand Blanc some day for grins!) Much respect to those who have rescued the Flint Farmers Market, area neighborhoods, gardens, small businesses...and somebody, please help out Ballenger, Forest and the other parks. Stop writing off areas and waiting for "theys" to step up. If you lead; 'they' will follow.
Exactly. Revival will never happen in the city of Flint until those who would like to see the city of Flint revived actually do something about it.

You can run away from the problems or you can do something about them. Adopt a can-do attitude and great things will be done. Michigan is a fabulous place to live. Always has been and always will be.

Old 02-05-2011, 08:06 PM

42 posts, read 162,003 times
What about Montrose and Clio there right about 8 Mins north of Flint and 5 Mins south Of Birch Run which schools are very good and pretty affordable and Otisville Which Is 10 Mins northeast of Flint
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan