Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2010, 08:20 AM

21 posts, read 54,854 times

Advertisements

Please give opinins on Sterling Heights High School...safety, good teachers, good leadership...etc. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2010, 03:54 PM

1,742 posts, read 4,002,850 times
Are you talking about the one on 15 mile? Part of Sterling Heights goes to Utica schools and part to Warren Consolidated. My cousin went to Sterling Heights High. He went on to graduat from the University of Michigan and landed a high paying job in Los Angeles. It can't be that bad. If you raise your kid right, they'll have no problems at Sterling Heights High, or most any other district for that matter.

Old 03-03-2010, 09:13 PM

809 posts, read 1,950,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scolls View Post
Are you talking about the one on 15 mile? Part of Sterling Heights goes to Utica schools and part to Warren Consolidated. My cousin went to Sterling Heights High. He went on to graduat from the University of Michigan and landed a high paying job in Los Angeles. It can't be that bad. If you raise your kid right, they'll have no problems at Sterling Heights High, or most any other district for that matter.
I lived just down the street from the one on 15mi back in '86-'88. Not a bad school back then but if you wanted to find trouble it was there handy.

Old 03-04-2010, 07:53 AM

It must be the one you are referring to. We are coming to look at hoses soon and a couple of them are sterling heights with warren Con schools, so i assume that means Sterling Heights High. I have not reallly read or heard anything significantly bad or good about Warren Con schools. I have read great things about Sterling Heights...but my husband has a co worker who lives in Port Huron that seems to feel that Sterling Heights Is bad.. Would you buy a house there If it was Sterling Heights High School? thanks

Old 03-04-2010, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by csue View Post
It must be the one you are referring to. We are coming to look at hoses soon and a couple of them are sterling heights with warren Con schools, so i assume that means Sterling Heights High. I have not reallly read or heard anything significantly bad or good about Warren Con schools. I have read great things about Sterling Heights...but my husband has a co worker who lives in Port Huron that seems to feel that Sterling Heights Is bad.. Would you buy a house there If it was Sterling Heights High School? thanks

I would, but like I said I'm in the belief that most of the work is at home, not the school. I had two relatives who lived near the school and both went on to good colleges afterwards. I also believe if you live in southwest Sterling Heights you'd go to Mott High School in Warren but I'm not positive.

Old 03-04-2010, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perferator View Post
I lived just down the street from the one on 15mi back in '86-'88. Not a bad school back then but if you wanted to find trouble it was there handy.
You can find trouble at any school. I went to Roscommon and I could find trouble anytime I want. My sister went to Detroit Country Day and could find trouble there.

Old 03-08-2010, 08:59 AM

9 posts, read 59,853 times
I lived in Sterling Heights until I was 20. Where I lived (14 & Schoenherr), you go to HS at Paul K. Cousino - a very good school. If you lived on the northern side of 15 mile, you went to SHHS. Southern side of 15 mile goes to Cousino. I always thought the change (which occurred a little before I went to high school) didn't make sense though, because Cousino is a farther drive than SHHS. Go figure. They did that with the middle schools too. Instead of going to Melby, I went to Carleton and others went to Carter, depending on where you live.

My older sisters went to Sterling Heights HS. I think its fine, but I didn't go there personally. The school has built a nice theatre in front for the drama productions. Right across the street is the Career Preparation Center that Warren Con uses. It has programs like computer programming, auto tech, food services -- things that are more about learning job skills. People can actually go to the restaurant there and eat (not for free, they do charge obviously). They have an open house once a year. Also right across the street is a fire station. The school is in a very nice, safe area. It is part of Warren Consolidated Schools district and it commonly referred to as SHHS. It is in within the "burbs" but there is plenty of business up either end of the street.

Last edited by Antha; 03-08-2010 at 09:08 AM..

Old 03-16-2010, 08:50 AM

thank you Antha...Your reply made me feel a lot better If we do have to have our daughter attend a warren Con school or sterling heights school...she loves drama and being in plays so it is nice to know about the theatre!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan