Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2010, 10:14 PM

9,468 posts, read 10,794,806 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingnatic View Post
The DNR can't deny that coyotes aren't here because they have been spotted in Bloomfield Hills, Livonia and the Grosse Pointe . One was found dead under the I-696 & Groesbeck overpass , and one was trapped in the 8 Mile & Schoenherr area in an industrial complex where workers had been reporting it . I believe the City of Warren hired an animal expert who watched the coyote over a number of days to learn about its patterns and set a live trap .

I dont think anyone would deny that coyotes are in every corner of the state. In fact they are here in huge numbers, but most people do not see them as they are good at not being seen. Listen at night in any rural area and you will hear them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2010, 10:29 PM

809 posts, read 1,949,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingnatic View Post
The DNR can't deny that coyotes aren't here because they have been spotted in Bloomfield Hills, Livonia and the Grosse Pointe . One was found dead under the I-696 & Groesbeck overpass , and one was trapped in the 8 Mile & Schoenherr area in an industrial complex where workers had been reporting it . I believe the City of Warren hired an animal expert who watched the coyote over a number of days to learn about its patterns and set a live trap .
No, coyotes were never really "gone". During the '70s there was a bounty on them and numbers were greatly reduced. Now they have made quite a comeback and as you said, even in cities and suburbs.

They are my favorite quarry to hunt (hence my username).

Old 04-15-2010, 09:40 PM

272 posts, read 723,964 times
Some interesting stories. I belong to a Detroit area paranormal group. It's surprising how many calls we get. We have a forum, please share your stories there. We're always looking for an interesting investigation, give us a call.

Motor City Ghost Hunters

MOTORCITY GHOSTHUNTERS

Old 04-16-2010, 07:25 PM

850 posts, read 1,897,828 times
cool thread! although now i'm afraid of bigfoot again......thanks!

Old 04-17-2010, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjay View Post
cool thread! although now i'm afraid of bigfoot again......thanks!

My wife claims as a child to have seen big foot looking in their window in Detroit as a child......that one cracks me up.....

Old 04-17-2010, 09:09 PM

6,218 posts, read 7,725,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LivoniaMi View Post
My wife claims as a child to have seen big foot looking in their window in Detroit as a child......that one cracks me up.....
Just curious..........would this have been sometime in the early '60's?

YC.......

Old 04-18-2010, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yachtcare View Post
Just curious..........would this have been sometime in the early '60's?

YC.......

It would have been around 1969-1971.

Old 04-25-2010, 01:42 PM

4,120 posts, read 8,897,469 times
I read about this in my "weird Michigan" book, then seen this story the other day.
Phantoms and Monsters: Paranormal, UFOs, Cryptids and Unexplained Phenomena

Old 10-31-2011, 12:34 PM

8,882 posts, read 19,845,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
Monster quest just did a special on the midwest dogman stories. They went looking for the creature in northwest lower mich. They found evidence of wolves, but no real evidence of anything else. People are still reporting dogman sightings, just last fall there was one in the thumb area. Dogman is a great campfire story, but the people who go out there looking for it I think may be a bit loonie. I bet almost anyone who thinks they saw a dogman really saw a black bear, or a wolf.
They're going to make a movie about the Dogman of Michigan. Yes!

Know the scary legend of Michigan's Dogman? He's coming alive on the silver screen | Detroit Free Press | freep.com

Old 10-31-2011, 09:29 PM

1,142 posts, read 1,640,428 times
One afternoon my mom and I were on a side road which was in a wide open area when all of a sudden a tremendous noise and quick sight of something that was black but shapeless hit the front windshield on the passenger side. It was with such force I couldn't understand how the windshield didn't break. We were both stunned. I actually turned the car around to drive that area of the highway again looking for anything that might be laying on the side of the road. I found nothing and realized that no trees were in that area which ruled out a broken branch that could have hit the glass. There was no bird such as a crow on the ground. I have no explanation as to what this could have been. It was just an odd experience of a black, shapeless form hitting the windshield out of the blue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan