Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2008, 02:11 PM

22 posts, read 108,576 times

Advertisements

we are relocating to toledo, oh in may and are trying to figure out where would be a good place to rent an apartment. my fiance will be working at the university of toledo, and i would like to have the opportunity to either work in toledo or commute to ann arbor, which is why we are looking at michigan. what are some towns that may work for us? we've only been to that area once, so we are really clueless on the area.

any help would be greatly appreciated
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2008, 02:18 PM

3,087 posts, read 1,075,912 times
I have never lived there but Dundee MI. might be about the halfway point between the two cities. You may see what you can find out around that area.

Old 03-21-2008, 04:47 PM

137 posts, read 532,409 times
Oregon Ohio.....Swanton Ohio....Monroe Michigan.....Perrysburg Ohio......I can't think of anymore right now lol.

Old 03-24-2008, 09:08 AM

14 posts, read 76,605 times
Monroe, MI is not a good choice if you are looking at possible commute between Toledo and Ann Arbor. You would want to stay along the US 23 stretch. The problem with that stretch is that the towns are smaller and don't have a defined rental community. Dundee has a couple of older rental communities that are (in my opinion) not worth renting at. There may be some condo or home rentals that would be worth considering though. Dundee is about 15/20 minutes to both ann arbor and Toledo, pretty much in the middle of the commute. Nice small town, has a few local restaurants, the fast food normals, a couple of chains. Other than the local grocery store, cabellas and a few local stores, mainstream shopping would be Toledo, Ann Arbor or Monroe. I currently live in Dundee, PM me if you want more information about that area or have specific questions. If you are looking at renting specifically an apartment, focus on the north west side of toledo, you will still be able to find some decent apartment communities and would have about a 30 min commute to Ann Arbor.

Old 03-24-2008, 09:42 AM

15 posts, read 67,696 times
Default Dundee

Dundee sounds like your best bet. There may not be very many apartments in the area, but you could probably find a small house to rent at a reasonable price.

Old 03-24-2008, 07:03 PM

3,343 posts, read 10,931,422 times
My friend lives in Perrysburg and loves it, but that may be too far of a commute. I've visited several times and there area seems to be growing a lot.......even time i visit there is something new.

Old 03-28-2008, 12:46 PM

14 posts, read 76,605 times
Perrysburg, OH is growing and is a nice area, but if you are looking at an option to commute up to Ann Arbor you are looking at about a 40-50 minute commute.

Old 03-28-2008, 09:49 PM

121 posts, read 546,009 times
You could try the Lambertville/Temperance area which is just north of Toledo and located in Michigan. It is in Bedford Township and that is where I grew up. Wonderful schools, rural and suburban mix with little traffic. The people are very friendly, too. You can find modest rental places, condos, and single-family homes that are both affordable and nice or rich and extravagant. Bedford Public Schools also used to be one of the highest rated in the state though I don't know where they are at now...I've been gone since 2000 but moving back. I currently live in Arizona but I do not like it here. It is too hot and the people are rude. Perhaps I just miss where I grew up!

Also, Temperance, MI or Lambertville, MI have a lot of conveniences. 40 mins to Ann Arbor and about 20 mins to Univ Toledo. They are both close to US-23 and I-75.

Sylvania, OH and west Toledo areas in Ohio have similar conveniences.

Best of luck!

Old 06-02-2008, 06:58 PM

1 posts, read 10,941 times
Default Lambertville info

I left Lambertville in Oct. of 1964. I was a freshman at Bedford High School. I am looking for any folks who attended the Bedford Township Schools in the late fifties and early 60's.
We lived in a farm house of sorts on Rauch Road, actually it was the second house on the right when you made the turn onto Rauch from Summerfield Road. Is anybody out there?
My maiden name was Lahr. Some of my friends were Daly, Cusino, Koltoniak, Wolf, Raker, Mabus and Walters.
Is there a message board for Lambertville, Temperance or Bedford Township?
I would love to make contact with some of my old friends. At my age, my memories of my life in MI are deeply etched and I miss it.
Oh yeah and I was friends with some Leggetts and Steve Gafell.
Anybody point me in the right direction?
Thanks, Linda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre5140 View Post
You could try the Lambertville/Temperance area which is just north of Toledo and located in Michigan. It is in Bedford Township and that is where I grew up. Wonderful schools, rural and suburban mix with little traffic. The people are very friendly, too. You can find modest rental places, condos, and single-family homes that are both affordable and nice or rich and extravagant. Bedford Public Schools also used to be one of the highest rated in the state though I don't know where they are at now...I've been gone since 2000 but moving back. I currently live in Arizona but I do not like it here. It is too hot and the people are rude. Perhaps I just miss where I grew up!

Also, Temperance, MI or Lambertville, MI have a lot of conveniences. 40 mins to Ann Arbor and about 20 mins to Univ Toledo. They are both close to US-23 and I-75.

Sylvania, OH and west Toledo areas in Ohio have similar conveniences.

Best of luck!

Old 06-02-2008, 08:04 PM

2,790 posts, read 6,349,956 times
Monroe, Dundee, Tecumseh, Milan, Ida, Luna Pier, Raisenville, Lambertville, Petersberg all little towns; most in Monroe county, MI. A couple in Lenawee county
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan