Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2010, 07:57 AM

14,688 posts, read 26,603,990 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by macjr82 View Post
I have a kid home right now on RA, DI's still do. The purpose is to show you that your actions have consequences, and not necessarily for you.

People can take alot of abuse for themself, but it's alot harder to watch other people being abused on your account. Unless you're a sociopath.

You know one thing they did do away with recently? "race cars" or "scuzzing" or wahtever your DI may have called it. I think someone was injured. Not sure if it is permanent or temporary.
I'm sure they do but I swear I remember that weren't supposed to. Maybe I am remembering wrong. It was almost twenty years ago now.

No more scuzz brushing the bulkhead? That definitely helped getting you in shape. I am sure it worked a lot of your leg muscles.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2010, 09:35 AM

122 posts, read 295,171 times
Hey guys just an update I am for sure leaving on Monday the 3rd of January. Im really excited, all this waiting and the time has finally come.

Old 12-30-2010, 09:46 AM

11,011 posts, read 11,018,321 times
Remember, your DI's task is to make you into the best recruit possible so you can become a Marine. It's not personal, even when it feels like it is. Keep your head in it and keep that in mind even when you feel like there's not a single thing you can do right - that's part of the training. You'll never feel so much pride as when you can call yourself a Marine!

Ah man - this is making me those boot camp days!!

Old 03-08-2013, 12:43 PM

6,593 posts, read 7,083,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncho_NM View Post
Congtaulations!

Tips?

1. Do what you are told. Just do it without wimpering, crying etc...

2. Don't quit. If you fall down and can not get up, crawl...

3. Don't ever say "I can't".

I tried to make it simple...

Good luck to you! We will think of you. and keep in touch when you can...

Rich

Those are the best tips anyone can give to a new recruit. I will add a couple more but those top three are it really.

Simply do as you are told.
Speak when spoken to.
Sleep when you can.

Old 03-08-2013, 05:10 PM

1,855 posts, read 3,608,205 times
I will add that you are a chump for signing up, but do take advantage of the vastly improved G.I. Bill, and if for whatever reason you become a lifer dog, contribute as much as you can to the TSP. and if you do choose the lifer route, go officer and get paid for your trouble.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues