Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2011, 01:32 PM

2,256 posts, read 9,737,925 times

Advertisements

A great story on this Superbowl Sunday ..

Brad Childress' Son Serves His Country - ESPN Video - ESPN
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2011, 02:00 PM

6,351 posts, read 21,487,745 times
Thanks, Spree! It's great to hear about military members from familes that can offer their kids so many other options in life. Wanting to serve one's country is certainly not just for those who can't find other jobs...

Old 02-06-2011, 03:34 PM

3,065 posts, read 8,874,554 times
Senator Jim Webb's son is an enlisted grunt in the Marines, some may recall the senator wearing combat boots during his campaign in honor of his son who was deployed to Iraq at the time. Then again, the senator was an infantry officer in the Marines during Vietnam himself. Adam Firestone of Firestone Tire family was an officer in the Marines but after getting out started his own winery vice going in the family business. I know a few quite millionaires or close to it who either served or are still serving for the love of God, Country, and Corps.

Note: I'm sure there are similar examples in all of the branches, my example are all Marines b/c that's what I'm familiar with, so please don't read anything into it.

Old 02-07-2011, 11:45 AM

3,065 posts, read 8,874,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macjr82 View Post
Senator Jim Webb's son is an enlisted grunt in the Marines, some may recall the senator wearing combat boots during his campaign in honor of his son who was deployed to Iraq at the time. Then again, the senator was an infantry officer in the Marines during Vietnam himself. Adam Firestone of Firestone Tire family was an officer in the Marines but after getting out started his own winery vice going in the family business. I know a few quite* millionaires or close to it who either served or are still serving for the love of God, Country, and Corps.

Note: I'm sure there are similar examples in all of the branches, my example are all Marines b/c that's what I'm familiar with, so please don't read anything into it.
*quiet

Old 02-12-2011, 11:43 PM

1,046 posts, read 3,474,606 times
It's nice to see that he joined when (maybe) daddy could give him everything that he could possibly need.

I'm just glad that Daddy is no longer with the Vikings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues