U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-28-2011, 08:53 PM
 
8 posts, read 23,199 times
Reputation: 12
Default Will the Army ever again accept felony waivers?

Will the Army ever again accept felony waivers?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-28-2011, 09:35 PM
 
Location: Hawaii
1,707 posts, read 3,919,411 times
Reputation: 926
Maybe if there is a WW III.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-01-2011, 07:23 AM
 
Location: Fuquay Varina
1,668 posts, read 2,725,626 times
Reputation: 2140
I think most people with Feloniy records now will be over the age limit before they do lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-01-2011, 07:26 AM
 
142 posts, read 153,688 times
Reputation: 176
wait till theres a higher need for recruits. it will happen again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-01-2011, 12:30 PM
 
Location: Matthews, NC
14,699 posts, read 13,156,959 times
Reputation: 13759
If they need the bodies they will.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-01-2011, 12:39 PM
(-)
 
690 posts, read 941,508 times
Reputation: 442
it comes in cycles. actually they still are accepting some felony waivers but it depends on your job classification or m.o.s. on a case by case basis. if you committed a theft at 18 and you are about to graduate med school at 30 now chances are you stand a good chance of getting a waiver. if you committed a robbery at 21 and you are about to graduate from sally beauty academy then chances are you won't get a waiver right now. of course all of this could change at the drop of a dime. all it takes is one real war.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-01-2011, 12:40 PM
 
Location: Bradenton, Florida
27,238 posts, read 25,727,588 times
Reputation: 10554
Eh? I mentioned a few years ago where they were giving waivers for felonies already.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-01-2011, 01:23 PM
 
Location: New Mexico USA
16,820 posts, read 17,024,289 times
Reputation: 17630
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Eh? I mentioned a few years ago where they were giving waivers for felonies already.
The Army stopped issuing waivers for recruits with adult felony convictions for crimes such as assault, arson and robbery in 2009...

Their requirements and what they will accept will change from time to time.


Rich
__________________



We have winners in the Photo Contests!!!:

August 2014 "Theme" Contest
August 2014 "Show Us Your Best Shot" Contest



Last edited by Poncho_NM; 03-27-2011 at 08:54 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-04-2011, 05:13 AM
 
Location: deployed - afghanistan
27 posts, read 81,678 times
Reputation: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by (-) View Post
it comes in cycles. actually they still are accepting some felony waivers but it depends on your job classification or m.o.s. on a case by case basis. if you committed a theft at 18 and you are about to graduate med school at 30 now chances are you stand a good chance of getting a waiver. if you committed a robbery at 21 and you are about to graduate from sally beauty academy then chances are you won't get a waiver right now. of course all of this could change at the drop of a dime. all it takes is one real war.

this is BS. i am an army officer in afghanistan right now and i will tell you that the army is NOT accepting or granting waivers for many misdemeanors, time now; let alone felonies. as of june 2011, the army and HRC is starting a process to cut the active duty force by 49,000 personnel. that means E-4s with 6 years or more will be released. and overweight soldiers failing PT tests and not meeting tape requirements are a thing of the past. too many people have been camping out in the army and having it good thru this recession/bad economy and the government isnt having it any longer. thankfully, this doesnt pertain to officers, but for enlisted folks, enlisting is going to be much harder in the foreseable future, because the wars in iraq and afghanistan are going to come to an end NL than 2014 - by way of the afghan constitution.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-04-2011, 06:00 AM
 
Location: Matthews, NC
14,699 posts, read 13,156,959 times
Reputation: 13759
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostinaurora View Post
this is BS. i am an army officer in afghanistan right now and i will tell you that the army is NOT accepting or granting waivers for many misdemeanors, time now; let alone felonies. as of june 2011, the army and HRC is starting a process to cut the active duty force by 49,000 personnel. that means E-4s with 6 years or more will be released. and overweight soldiers failing PT tests and not meeting tape requirements are a thing of the past. too many people have been camping out in the army and having it good thru this recession/bad economy and the government isnt having it any longer. thankfully, this doesnt pertain to officers, but for enlisted folks, enlisting is going to be much harder in the foreseable future, because the wars in iraq and afghanistan are going to come to an end NL than 2014 - by way of the afghan constitution.
"Thankfully, this doesn't pertain to officers"? So it is OK if officers camp out, don't meet weight requirements and it is easier for them to enlist? I do not understand what you are trying to say.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:11 AM.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top