U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-02-2011, 09:33 AM
 
Location: Cape Coral, FL
646 posts, read 884,518 times
Reputation: 356

Advertisements

Just want to let everyone know that we just switched our car insurance from Usaa to Allstate. Our premium Is now half as much, for the same exact coverage and lower deductibles! We have been a loyal customer of Usaa for many years.

If you are trying to save money, give them a call and see. Can't hurt!

Hope this helps!!

And hurray for the news of Bin Laden! Thanks to our Military and special ops for serving our great Nation!! Justice has been served.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-02-2011, 05:10 PM
 
16,405 posts, read 6,414,491 times
Reputation: 3318
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCRESI View Post
Just want to let everyone know that we just switched our car insurance from Usaa to Allstate. Our premium Is now half as much, for the same exact coverage and lower deductibles! We have been a loyal customer of Usaa for many years.

If you are trying to save money, give them a call and see. Can't hurt!

Hope this helps!!

And hurray for the news of Bin Laden! Thanks to our Military and special ops for serving our great Nation!! Justice has been served.
I would like more information about you. How old are you, how many tickets do you have (you and your family), if any? How long have you been with USAA?

I would call Allstate.....but I need you to answer more....


I am 40, married with a 9 year old.

2 cars full coverage (Alabama minimums), and homeowners insurance.

No tickets between my wife or me, she is 42.

For everything, we pay less than $140 a month....and your saying I can get this for $70?

Been with USAA for 13+ years...

Please provide your stats.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-02-2011, 07:08 PM
 
Location: Cape Coral, FL
646 posts, read 884,518 times
Reputation: 356
Clean driving record, both in our 30's, drive newer cars. Been with Usaa for 9 yrs. I'm in Florida. Usaa had us paying 1017/6mth premium for the same full coverage at allstate is now $503/6mth premium. I use my car as business, husbands for personal.
We kept our homeowners the same, but when I get time I'm shopping around for that as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-02-2011, 07:47 PM
 
16,405 posts, read 6,414,491 times
Reputation: 3318
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCRESI View Post
Clean driving record, both in our 30's, drive newer cars. Been with Usaa for 9 yrs. I'm in Florida. Usaa had us paying 1017/6mth premium for the same full coverage at allstate is now $503/6mth premium. I use my car as business, husbands for personal.
We kept our homeowners the same, but when I get time I'm shopping around for that as well.

Well, then please do not say that it is USAA (completely), it must be because you are in Florida....no need to completely say USAA is the problem......

BTW, I insure a 2004 and a 2008....not the newest...but almost paid for....

Please realize, I'm not doubting you......but a blanket statement like you provided...does not work....it is obvious (and I'm willing to put up a "snip it" of my insurance premium's) that you are "now" only talking about the state of Florida.....

No doubt in my mind that other insurances might/are cheaper....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-02-2011, 08:18 PM
 
Location: Cape Coral, FL
646 posts, read 884,518 times
Reputation: 356
You are right!! I forgot to say which state Im in. It probably does make a difference.
I love Usaa, customer device is A++, but apples to apples, if I can save $ on the same coverage, I'm there. I wish I would have checked earlier in our career to see if we were overpaying this whole time? Who knows...
This thread wasn't to dog one company or the next, it was just a "I'm so excited I saved us 1k, I have to share" kind of thread. I wonder if you'd save any? Can't hurt to call, and then report back your findings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-02-2011, 08:50 PM
 
16,405 posts, read 6,414,491 times
Reputation: 3318
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCRESI View Post
You are right!! I forgot to say which state Im in. It probably does make a difference.
I love Usaa, customer device is A++, but apples to apples, if I can save $ on the same coverage, I'm there. I wish I would have checked earlier in our career to see if we were overpaying this whole time? Who knows...
This thread wasn't to dog one company or the next, it was just a "I'm so excited I saved us 1k, I have to share" kind of thread. I wonder if you'd save any? Can't hurt to call, and then report back your findings.
Please don't take me wrong....................

Really, I'm a person who like's evidence...and I like to know everything....

I fully understand about saving money, I still will do everything to save what is possible....and believe me, I'm not a person who did save a lot while in....now retired....I look at every little thing known...

If you read some of my threads in this area....I'm harsh on some people, because they give 1 side...all I try to do is find out and make sure people are explaining their selves....

BUT...anyway for a service member to save money!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-03-2011, 11:39 AM
 
Location: (Orginally From Ann Arbor, MI) Now reside in Evans, Georgia
537 posts, read 537,221 times
Reputation: 279
We tried AAA & Titian In Michigan, State Farm & Allstate in Illinois, and eventually settled and got lowest price with USAA in Maryland. Were happy for now

=)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-03-2011, 11:43 AM
 
Location: New Mexico U.S.A.
17,642 posts, read 19,027,454 times
Reputation: 20273
USAA 27+ years with vehicles (Cars, trucks, motorcycles and airplane) and home owners insurance. I have had some accidents/damages and USAA came through... I am not switching...


Rich
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-03-2011, 12:10 PM
 
Location: Texas
12,328 posts, read 7,772,955 times
Reputation: 52049
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncho_NM View Post
USAA 27+ years with vehicles (Cars, trucks, motorcycles and airplane) and home owners insurance. I have had some accidents/damages and USAA came through... I am not switching...


Rich
I'm not switching, either. I love USAA. I've had its coverage for many, many years and I love their customer service.

It's wonderful to save money but I'm willing to pay a bit more for excellent customer service. The great treatment I get at USAA is worth it to me.

Silly as it sounds, I've always felt like I was dealing with family when dealing with USAA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-03-2011, 02:35 PM
 
Location: New Mexico U.S.A.
17,642 posts, read 19,027,454 times
Reputation: 20273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
Silly as it sounds, I've always felt like I was dealing with family when dealing with USAA.
You are to a degree, you are part owner, it is an association. You get a check from them periodically as part of their (your) profits...

The proof of any insurance company is what really happens when you file a claim...



Rich
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top