U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
Old 05-24-2011, 06:41 AM
 
16,400 posts, read 6,414,491 times
Reputation: 3318

Advertisements

Well, we finally started selling guns here at Redstone....

For those who have a PX near by that sells guns, here is the direct link that AAFES buys their guns from....

RSR Group

Find the gun you want, print that page and take it to your local PX and they will price it and give availability...

DISCLAIMER:

Your PX must sell guns for you to do this...not every PX does gun sales....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-24-2011, 06:47 AM
 
16,448 posts, read 10,785,861 times
Reputation: 9202
Good to know. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-25-2011, 09:14 AM
 
Location: Anchorage, Alaska
204 posts, read 679,087 times
Reputation: 251
AAFES prices here in Anchorage, Alaska (Joint Base Elmendorf - Ft Richardson) are mostly compatible with the local firearms vendors. My last purchase: S&W Model 686, .357 Magnum, Nickel Finish, 4" Barrel for personal carry / home defense (augments my 18" Remington 870 Synthetic 12.ga) However, I'm told the ammo is cheaper outside the gate. I hear Walmart is going to ramp up firearms sales in certain markets, but money spent at AAFES benefits the soldiers, sailors, airmen and marine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-25-2011, 09:21 AM
 
16,400 posts, read 6,414,491 times
Reputation: 3318
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMOGAJAD View Post
AAFES prices here in Anchorage, Alaska (Joint Base Elmendorf - Ft Richardson) are mostly compatible with the local firearms vendors. My last purchase: S&W Model 686, .357 Magnum, Nickel Finish, 4" Barrel for personal carry / home defense (augments my 18" Remington 870 Synthetic 12.ga) However, I'm told the ammo is cheaper outside the gate. I hear Walmart is going to ramp up firearms sales in certain markets, but money spent at AAFES benefits the soldiers, sailors, airmen and marine.
I quoted 4 pistols yesterday, 3 of the 4 were all about $10 - $25 higher than downtown, but when you factor in taxes, they were about the same.

One pistol was actually 150 cheaper at the PX than down town...

Search Results

$500 on post...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-25-2011, 07:01 PM
 
Location: Anchorage, Alaska
204 posts, read 679,087 times
Reputation: 251
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
I quoted 4 pistols yesterday, 3 of the 4 were all about $10 - $25 higher than downtown, but when you factor in taxes, they were about the same.

One pistol was actually 150 cheaper at the PX than down town...

Search Results

$500 on post...
Cool, now Redstone folks can "one stop shop" for everything at the PX. Can't beat the convenience
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-25-2011, 07:41 PM
 
16,400 posts, read 6,414,491 times
Reputation: 3318
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMOGAJAD View Post
Cool, now Redstone folks can "one stop shop" for everything at the PX. Can't beat the convenience
Well, as soon as they get there ammo prices down....then maybe?

Right now the same bulk box of .22's on post is $28, at Wal-Mart they are $18 + tax....but even the tax is no where near $28.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-25-2011, 07:57 PM
 
Location: Newport, Rhode Island
666 posts, read 913,701 times
Reputation: 505
..... but they still don't sell Playboy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-16-2014, 11:16 PM
 
1 posts, read 3,811 times
Reputation: 11
Can anyone give me a price range on the PX for a Remington 870 Marine Nickel Plated? I am looking for one for my hubby for our anniversary. Cheapest I have found off post is 729.99, was hoping maybe someone could check the PX. My closest one is Redstone Arsenal 120 miles away. I can make the drive I just do not want to waste a trip without some good recon.

gs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-17-2014, 07:18 AM
 
16,400 posts, read 6,414,491 times
Reputation: 3318
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunslinger50 View Post
Can anyone give me a price range on the PX for a Remington 870 Marine Nickel Plated? I am looking for one for my hubby for our anniversary. Cheapest I have found off post is 729.99, was hoping maybe someone could check the PX. My closest one is Redstone Arsenal 120 miles away. I can make the drive I just do not want to waste a trip without some good recon.

gs
Call the Redstone PX @ (256) 883-6100 and ask for the gun shop.....

Below is the RSR number they will ask for....ask for a price and if/when they can get it....

RSR Item #: REM25012

Here is the RSR link to the shotgun:

Search Results
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top