Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2011, 11:27 AM

3 posts, read 20,811 times

Advertisements

Hi im new here and have been looking for this answer for nearly a year. Last november i was discharged from the AF for washing out of ATC and i did not choose another career path. I was under a lot of stress and was very upset about the situation. I have a BA (Graphic design) so i thought maybe i could get a job when i got out well a year later im still looking.

My question is, is there any way to get a waiver to be able to re enlist as enlisted OR officer in the air force, i regret not choosing another career path and ive lost a lot more then just a job because of it, i lost my wife. Im at a total and complete loss here i was under the asumption that after 6 months i could join again but ive been hearing a lot of things that point to me being screwed out of this career path. If anyone has some advice on this - how i can join the AF again (if at all) i would be more then grateful
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2011, 11:58 AM

2,299 posts, read 4,825,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delithicus View Post
Hi im new here and have been looking for this answer for nearly a year. Last november i was discharged from the AF for washing out of ATC and i did not choose another career path. I was under a lot of stress and was very upset about the situation. I have a BA (Graphic design) so i thought maybe i could get a job when i got out well a year later im still looking.

My question is, is there any way to get a waiver to be able to re enlist as enlisted OR officer in the air force, i regret not choosing another career path and ive lost a lot more then just a job because of it, i lost my wife. Im at a total and complete loss here i was under the asumption that after 6 months i could join again but ive been hearing a lot of things that point to me being screwed out of this career path. If anyone has some advice on this - how i can join the AF again (if at all) i would be more then grateful
Get over to a recruiter to see what they say. I would speak to all of them, not just Air Force. They can tell best what are your options based on the cause of your "wash out."
Good Luck.

Old 11-13-2011, 12:47 PM

26,527 posts, read 51,747,211 times
I agree, go talk to all the recruiters... They are in the position to really have an idea of what is going on.

Rich

Old 11-13-2011, 12:54 PM

358 posts, read 710,682 times
When you go back, why not tell them that you want to serve and don't care what they need you to do. That would be a good start.

Old 11-13-2011, 05:23 PM

4,120 posts, read 6,606,100 times
What is your RE code?

Old 11-13-2011, 06:09 PM

6,292 posts, read 10,593,345 times
Good luck, but I think you may be done.

RE-2C- Involuntary separation with Honorable disch
JHJ - Army, USMC, USAF Unsuitability (Reason Unknown)/ Unsatisfactory performance

Old 11-13-2011, 06:20 PM

2,299 posts, read 4,825,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazkat9696 View Post
Good luck, but I think you may be done.

RE-2C- Involuntary separation with Honorable disch
JHJ - Army, USMC, USAF Unsuitability (Reason Unknown)/ Unsatisfactory performance
Oooooh, problem "Unsuitability"! But still speak with a recruiter, you never know!

Old 11-14-2011, 10:45 AM

I appreciate everyone's response. Ill see if i can speak with a recruiter today or tomorrow ill bring my dd form and cross my fingers and toes. I really hope this can be changed...

Old 11-14-2011, 09:00 PM

3,536 posts, read 12,324,862 times
All, I am a recruiter. You can not join with that RE Code. Sorry. No waiver is possible. You had a chance, and you didn't take it. There is no recruiter who can help you. People who served there time and have an RE 1 for finishing their contract have a hard time coming back in right now. We won't take the risk that you will fail technical training again, and refuse to crosstrain again, wasting even more USAF money.

Old 11-17-2011, 05:40 AM

Well i went in with my 214 he said hell see what he can do he cant guarantee anything but its not impossible because it was only academic and not disciplinary. Also stopped by the navy recruiters too ill just keep my fingers crossed. Thanks everyone for youre advice and ill let you know what happens!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues