Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2009, 03:07 AM

123 posts, read 355,032 times

Advertisements

I decided I wanted to go to the adopt-a-soldier website and adopt a soldier which I did sign up for and received a soldier already.

Just seems like I could do more so I read thru several other websites. Geesh, there are alot of them, and I was starting to realize that I have never heard of half of them.

How do you decide which ones to use? I am leaning towards the more well known ones versus the others I found on google. But at the same time I may be skipping over some very good opportunities.

Are any of you involved in anything like this? and if so how did you decide which one to support?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2009, 08:53 AM

1,707 posts, read 7,032,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowes View Post
I decided I wanted to go to the adopt-a-soldier website and adopt a soldier which I did sign up for and received a soldier already.

Just seems like I could do more so I read thru several other websites. Geesh, there are alot of them, and I was starting to realize that I have never heard of half of them.

How do you decide which ones to use? I am leaning towards the more well known ones versus the others I found on google. But at the same time I may be skipping over some very good opportunities.

Are any of you involved in anything like this? and if so how did you decide which one to support?
I would lean towards the more well known organizations. Anything you do will be much appreciated and show your support for our troops in harms way. When I was in Iraq and received cards, letters and packages from total strangers I was honored and proud to be an American.

Old 12-14-2009, 08:25 PM

958 posts, read 2,132,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowes View Post

I agree with Balad1, there are too many scumbags out there who don't give a rip about you or the troops. They just want your money. Stick to the well known organizations and you should make the day of a soldier, sailor, Marine or Airman.

Old 12-14-2009, 10:09 PM

1,707 posts, read 7,032,466 times
Here's another option, a calling card purchased through the Military Exchange Service; anyone can make a purchase for donation to our troops.

I can't think of a better way to brighten a soldier's day then to call home during the holidays.

Exchange website:

https://shop.aafes.com/gcs/default.aspx

Old 11-25-2011, 09:36 PM

2,046 posts, read 5,585,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balad1 View Post
Here's another option, a calling card purchased through the Military Exchange Service; anyone can make a purchase for donation to our troops.

I can't think of a better way to brighten a soldier's day then to call home during the holidays.

Exchange website:

https://shop.aafes.com/gcs/default.aspx
Any ideas on how to be able to invite soldiers to our home for Christmas? Can someone post a link?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues