U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2011, 05:27 AM

3,071 posts, read 7,572,357 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke_Jaguar4 View Post
The best defense against Article 134 is don't get married!
Not true. In some of the worst cases I've seen of people getting burned for adultery they were the single party. The obvious answer of being faithful to your partner aside, the only way to be a known adulterer and not get convicted at court martial is if you're married to a civilian and the person you're cheating with is a non military associated civilian because it must be proven that your conduct has had a material effect on the service. Even this doesn't hold true on recruiting duty. The fact you are a representative of the service means anything you do that's bad can be "prejudicial...." and bring "discredit". Outisde of that, someone has to more or less be caught in the act, have a baby, have irrefutable proof (i.e. text messages), or more commonly, tell on their own self, to be convicted. At the local AF base their was a guy who caught his wife cheating and got kicked out of the Air Force for beating the airman up his wife was cheating with. It was felony level assault. The guy that got beat up got off scott free, as far as any charges, because though he was found in bed with the women, they weren't in the act.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2011, 11:21 AM

6,351 posts, read 18,889,368 times
Forest Beekeper, the only thing I'd change in your posts above is substitute "in on-base living quarters or off base" for just "off-base". Sexual acts in base facilities OTHER than private areas living quarters should be punishable. And I guess that includes anywhere on a ship. But then what do I know; I'm a Blue-Suiter...

Old 12-06-2011, 02:59 PM

29,730 posts, read 47,517,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crew Chief View Post
Forest Beekeper, the only thing I'd change in your posts above is substitute "in on-base living quarters or off base" for just "off-base". Sexual acts in base facilities OTHER than private areas living quarters should be punishable. And I guess that includes anywhere on a ship. But then what do I know; I'm a Blue-Suiter...
Yes, all sex acts on ship, or on-base in uniform are generally punished.

Old 12-11-2011, 05:17 PM

467 posts, read 1,277,698 times
Art 125 is and always has been a joke. It makes oral sex between married couples illegal! It hasn't been enforced for many years. Keeping it on the books, as is, reduced respect for the rule of law. We all know that 125 has become the butt of jokes (if you'll pardon the expression).

Its also unconstitutional - Lawrence vs Texas.

Old 12-11-2011, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by looktowindward View Post
Art 125 is and always has been a joke. It makes oral sex between married couples illegal! It hasn't been enforced for many years. Keeping it on the books, as is, reduced respect for the rule of law. We all know that 125 has become the butt of jokes (if you'll pardon the expression).
I have never heard of it being any kind of 'joke'.

So long as people keep private things private, they never got busted for Art.125

I would not say that it was not enforced I have seen a number of people busted for it. Thing is they refused to keep private things private.

Old 12-26-2011, 10:27 AM

24,139 posts, read 38,906,904 times
For those who don't know, or wish to talk about other things, Article 125 of the Uniform Code of Military Justice (USCM) is pretty brief. From United States Code: Title 10,925. Art. 125. Sodomy | LII / Legal Information Institute :

Quote:
925. Article 125. Sodomy

(a) Any person subject to this chapter who engages in unnatural carnal copulation with another person of the same or opposite sex or with an animal is guilty of sodomy. Penetration, however slight, is sufficient to complete the offense.

(b) Any person found guilty of sodomy shall be punished as a court-martial may direct.
As of this date, Article 125 has not been repealed. ie. The military law is still in effect...

Rich

Old 12-26-2011, 10:59 AM

Let us keep in mind that the US Military does not write the UCMJ.

The US Military does not define any of it's own laws.

All of this topic is about what elected officials want to do to the US Military.

Last edited by Poncho_NM; 12-26-2011 at 11:04 AM.. Reason: Post you replied to has been deleted, I left the remainder.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues