U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2012, 09:08 PM

2,159 posts, read 3,734,128 times

Advertisements

1 uniform, but I served in the Active Army (3yrs), the Army National Guard (2yrs) and the Army Reserves (couple mths shy of 2yrs).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2012, 04:45 AM

513 posts, read 1,853,639 times
Default ..uniforms..

Just to elaborate..when I said "how many uniforms"...I was referring to type (branches)of service...as in the previous post(would be 3)...not different kinds of uniforms...(ex)like BDU..then ACU's for the regular Army..that's just a change in uniform regs..but goin' to the Guard, then Reserves, after Active...well...that's 3 in my book.

Old 03-02-2012, 07:14 PM

4,375 posts, read 2,647,012 times
US Navy.

Ran the gamut from Utilities, Summer Whites, Summer Blues, Dress Whites, Dress Blues, NWU's (the blue camouflage uniform), and the Peanut Butters (khaki top, working blue bottoms). Plus the boots for each.

Geez a lot of upkeep was needed for all of them. So glad I don't have to do that anymore ^^;;

Old 03-02-2012, 07:19 PM

35,121 posts, read 37,802,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tioga View Post
I'm usually not much for pointless threads..but..bein' home with a bum leg for another month or so...what the he!!..Okay, how many branches have you served in? Now, to elaborate a bit, this includes all 4 branches(Active Duty), plus the USCG. This also includes the (5) Reserves, the (2) National Guards..Army/Air. I'll even add, for the heck of it, any state militia that actually drills regularly. The only rule here...you had to be actively participating. Inactive Reserve time don't count. So...I suppose, someone out there could have served (example) Active Army, then ArmyNG, then maybe Army Reserve IRR( but you drilled a minimum number of days)...then got totally out/retired..then volunteered for a state Guard unit..that would give this person a 4 on our scale here. Give it a go. Best I've heard of over my years was 5. Against my better judgement..I'll even include completion of one of the fancy shmancy military prep schools..lol.

NONE............but I very much appreciate, respect and admire everyone who has worn a uniform in the past and who currently does as well.

I would like to thank them all and their families for their service and sacrifice.

Old 03-03-2012, 05:39 PM

135 posts, read 147,257 times
Hello

2 Uniforms. Coldstream Guards (17 years) then Special Reconnaissance Regiment (1 year 'tour') then back to Coldstream Guards (4 years).

Old 03-04-2012, 01:09 PM

2,159 posts, read 3,734,128 times
Quote:
Just to elaborate..when I said "how many uniforms"...I was referring to type (branches)of service...as in the previous post(would be 3)...not different kinds of uniforms...(ex)like BDU..then ACU's for the regular Army..that's just a change in uniform regs..but goin' to the Guard, then Reserves, after Active...well...that's 3 in my book.
Then you just should have asked how many branches

Old 03-06-2012, 08:23 PM

513 posts, read 1,853,639 times
True....then again...someone else wuda' said, "well, what if it was all the same branch , but active, guard, or reserve?".....I met someone a few years back who said he was in all 5 services(and said he could back it up w/paperwork...yes, that includes the USCG.

Old 03-12-2012, 05:29 AM

3,071 posts, read 7,568,089 times
Hashmark Johnson wore 3 uniforms. He had already served 15 years inthe Army and Navy prior to joining the Marines, hence the nickname "Hashmark". As a junior Marine he had more service stripes than rank.

Gilbert Johnson - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 03-12-2012, 03:08 PM

14,078 posts, read 17,030,960 times
Quote:
True....then again...someone else wuda' said, "well, what if it was all the same branch , but active, guard, or reserve?".....I met someone a few years back who said he was in all 5 services(and said he could back it up w/paperwork...yes, that includes the USCG.

We had a Medic in Vietnam who had served in the Polish Army, the East German Army, then defected to the west for a tour in the Bundeswehr then on to the US Army. He was about 40 years old when he came to us as a combat Medic.

Old 03-17-2012, 03:20 AM

1,046 posts, read 3,012,760 times
USMC, ANG, AR, called up for active duty as both a guard and reservist into an Army Regiment.

3-4 if being called up made me an Army regular?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues