Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2012, 09:28 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,698,072 times

Advertisements

Just when I had given up on CRSC, DFAS sends out another notice that I should apply.

I am a disabilty retiree my military pension would be $700-800 if I collected it. I don't because VA is more
I am 80% from the VA with U/I, of that 50% is PTSD from Vietnam

Does anyone understand this new situation, how much would I staand to get, if anything?

Old 03-29-2012, 09:48 AM

26,527 posts, read 51,767,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Does anyone understand this new situation, how much would I staand to get, if anything?
No, I don't really understand it, but I became curious, an intro is here CRSC and CRDP Payment :

Quote:
Combat-Related Special Compensation (CRSC) and Concurrent Retirement Disability Pay (CRDP)

Combat-Related Special Compensation (CRSC) and Concurrent Retirement Disability Pay (CRDP) are programs created by Congress to allow eligible military retirees to receive monthly entitlements in addition to retired pay.

CRSC is a special compensation for combat-related disabilities. It is non-taxable, and retirees must apply to their Branch of Service to receive it.

CRDP is a restoration of retired pay for retirees with service-connected disabilities, and it is taxable. No application is required. Eligible retirees receive CRDP automatically.

The purpose of these entitlements is to recover some or all of the retired pay that military retirees waive for VA disability compensation.

Looks like they will audit and "determine whether or not you are due retroactive payment."...

Rich

Old 03-29-2012, 09:54 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,698,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncho_NM View Post
No, I don't really understand it, but I became curious, an intro is here CRSC and CRDP Payment :

Looks like they will audit and "determine whether or not you are due retroactive payment."...

Rich
I did some research, the one thing they didn't change is that those of us too injured to complete 20years are still screwed. Maybe next time
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues