U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2012, 04:05 PM

1,243 posts, read 1,494,886 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
We (Army) 'extract the urine' out of the other services and they do the same with us. It's all good natured and starts from day one and still happens around me at the moment.

I'm on a combined forces base at the moment with Royal Marines (Crap Hats), RAF (Blue Jobs or Air Taxis) and RAF Regiment soldiers (Rock Apes).

The biggest rivalries are between different regiments of the same type:

Paras (me) and RMC, both think we're the best (elite) infantry units... i wont get into that now
Royal Armoured Corps and Household Cavalry (tankies)
Also many infantry regiments have rivalries with other regiments in the same division, those in the Guards Division, Scottish Division, Queens etc. All good natured though.
Good point. Intrabranch rivalries to me are the best. In the Army it can get heated. Being in the Infantry I've been in a couple of bar fights with those damn Cav guys! lol and Tankers? Puh-lease...lol Come on, why is the sky blue? Because God loves the infantry.

Old 05-05-2012, 03:06 AM

5,666 posts, read 4,213,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MB8abovetherim View Post
Puh-lease...lol Come on, why is the sky blue? Because God loves the infantry.
Someone has to.

Old 05-05-2012, 03:17 PM

8,163 posts, read 12,823,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPECFRCE View Post
I believe the Rivalries are alive and kicking. We (all Branches) believe we do more work over the next Branch. It is Established the Marine Corps will always be the premier fighting Force, Ohh Rah! Personally I enjoy working with all branches however it appears the Air Force and Coast Guard receive the most flack.
What do you expect? The brains and thinkers always get the most flack.

Old 05-05-2012, 08:30 PM

1,243 posts, read 1,494,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
Someone has to.
lol I'm not gonna lie man, I hate it. God I hate it lol

Old 05-10-2012, 08:40 AM

3,730 posts, read 5,092,560 times
Mostly exaggerated. After Navy bootcamp came school, and sailors and marines were mixed together. One of our instructors was a marine. We all got along and became friends, and went on liberty together in civilian clothes. The marines seemed to know where all the bars were that served underage drinkers with no questions or id's asked. After school had a few friendships with other service guys, mostly with marines, and one good air force friend.

In retrospect and observation, the serious rivalries may be at the other end of the spectrum, at the very top, between the generals and the admirals. Here we get into politics, such as battling other branches over budgets and funding for pet projects, this type of thing.

Old 05-12-2012, 09:45 AM

2,633 posts, read 2,964,024 times
99.98% is good natured. When the SHTF, we know that we're all one team. On more than one occasion I've had Soldiers and Marines thank Airmen for dropping ordinance on the enemy and turning them into pink mist.

Old 05-12-2012, 10:05 AM

5,666 posts, read 4,213,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke_Jaguar4 View Post
99.98% is good natured. When the SHTF, we know that we're all one team. On more than one occasion I've had Soldiers and Marines thank Airmen for dropping ordinance on the enemy and turning them into pink mist.
Yep. Now i hope you wont be offended when i say that when it gets down and dirty i'd rather have someone from the British Armed Forces with me rather than anyone else. So i may take the 'pee' out of them and them me but when it matters, they're who i want.

It's not a negative towards anyone's allies, it's just that they're mine... if you know what i mean, part of 'my' family.

I'm pretty certain that you all feel pretty much the same way. I'd be surprised if you didn't to be honest.

Old 05-14-2012, 01:18 PM

1,027 posts, read 1,289,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet71 View Post
What do you expect? The brains and thinkers always get the most flack.
Possibly, however Coast Guys never struck me as the Brain nor Thinkers.
When Brain Power comes to mind I see Navy Nuke guys.

Old 05-14-2012, 02:13 PM

1,480 posts, read 4,368,847 times
Civilians seemed to assume that I was a fan when Navy played Army in football just because I was in the Navy. I've never been a huge sports fan to begin with but regardless, I was enlisted; I didn't give a fidler's fart about a bunch of cadets at the acadamies playing football.

That team spirit didn't get far outside of Annapolis or the O-Clubs.

Old 05-21-2012, 12:36 PM

22 posts, read 80,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPECFRCE View Post
Possibly, however Coast Guys never struck me as the Brain nor Thinkers.
When Brain Power comes to mind I see Navy and Air Force Nuke guys.
Fixed that for you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues