U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2012, 09:06 AM

1,090 posts, read 1,345,369 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB8abovetherim View Post
Good point. Intrabranch rivalries to me are the best. In the Army it can get heated. Being in the Infantry I've been in a couple of bar fights with those damn Cav guys! lol and Tankers? Puh-lease...lol Come on, why is the sky blue? Because God loves the infantry.
C'mon mayne...You know the saying. "If YOU ain't Cav...YOU ain't (YOU know the rest)

Old 08-03-2012, 09:10 AM

1,090 posts, read 1,345,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPECFRCE View Post
It is Established the Marine Corps will always be the premier fighting Force, Ohh Rah!
Really?

Old 08-04-2012, 07:51 PM

4,009 posts, read 5,180,980 times
I read OP's post to my husband and he just said "There is no rivalry anymore... Marine Corps is just jealous of the army because of all of the 'stuff' they get. Marine Corps gets 3rd time hand me down 'stuff' that no other branch wants. It's not rivalry, it's jealousy."

DH is in the Marine Corps and that's just his opinion. He used a different word to 'stuff' but it wasn't forum appropriate.

Old 08-07-2012, 10:11 AM

374 posts, read 666,059 times
Had a call from an E6 Marine recruiter last week wanting to speak to my youngest son (HS Senior). By the time we got off the phone...he was ready to spend his last 6 yrs of military service in the USAF.

Old 08-10-2012, 11:12 PM

2,295 posts, read 2,031,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPECFRCE View Post
I believe the Rivalries are alive and kicking. We (all Branches) believe we do more work over the next Branch. It is Established the Marine Corps will always be the premier fighting Force, Ohh Rah! Personally I enjoy working with all branches however it appears the Air Force and Coast Guard receive the most flack.
I was Air Force intel and I lost count of how many Marine and Army Infantry lives I saved, just by doing my job.

The pissing match is just silly, IMO. As an earlier poster said, we are all cogs in a wheel. Marines and Army grunts would NEVER win wars without air and sea support.

Period.

End of story.

Without air and sea support, no wars would be won.

Although war is not a game, we are all on the same team.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues