U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-18-2012, 01:14 PM

3 posts, read 4,760 times
Default How Long Does It Take For The VA Regional Office To Rate Benefits?

How long does it take for the VA Reginal Office to give a veteran their benefits rating?

For the past two years I have been trying to get the VA to give me a Disability Rating. They first denied me then I reapplied because of other major problems that have increased due to the initial problems. I have been waiting ever since Oct. 2010. Since I first applied for a benefit increase due to what I preceived as Agent Orange related (which they denied) I have had a minior heart attack, neropathy in both legs and feet, blisters, and recently cronic kidney problems. Since Oct 2011, my case has been in what they call review . The VA hospital has done wonderful work on me including prostrate surgery and help with depression. I have also been told that I suffer from PTSD which they also think is service connected.

My question is Am I the only vet to go through this? Will they ever tell me anything? I have contacted all sources available. I have talked to the Regional Office several times and have followed all their instruction. All I have ever gotten is a run around. Their major ansewer is because of major backlogs it will take time. How much time? Even my reps can not give me an answer. They say that I will hear from the VA befroe they do.

I feel that the day they give me notification I will probley be on my death bed and it probely won't matter. Yet they keep telling all veterans to apply for disability.

Are there other vets out there Waiting? (how long does one stay on hold?)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2012, 10:45 PM

2,190 posts, read 2,026,778 times
It is taking a long time for the regional offices to process claims. It took me 2 years to get an award. I've also waited another 1.5 years for them to change my dependent status. You should look into getting a Veteran Service Officer in your area who can guide and update you on your claim.

Old 05-20-2012, 12:05 AM

827 posts, read 466,345 times
I live in the Philippines and receiving a 20% disability rated VA comp. I am in the process in requesting an adjustment to my present rating and plan on adding other claims in order to increase my disability rating which was ignored or overlooked in the past!
I have a VSO from the VFW office in Angeles City to assist me in filing my claims! I don't really know how long all this will take, but I read and heard it can take months and or yrs from start to finish!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues