Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2012, 12:04 PM

2 posts, read 2,194 times

Advertisements

I recently got married to my Marine. I already got my military ID but am I suppose to get a seperate insurance card for medical, dental and vision?

Thank you!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2012, 02:31 PM

499 posts, read 2,156,861 times
You might receive an insurance card but if not, your ID card should be good enough. My wife has used her ID card at many off post providers. I want to say that when we were stationed up at FT Drum, the Tricare region didn't mail out insurance cards. Here in South Carolina we did receive Tricare cards (different region than Drum). I don't believe there is such a thing as a Dental card. The provider has changed so many times--- is it Concordia now? In any event, I've never seen a dental card.

Old 06-23-2012, 08:04 AM

37,468 posts, read 61,396,384 times
During my Active Duty career, we never got insurance cards. Most of our care was provided on-base.

A few times we were referred off-base for things, but never showed anything more than ID card.

However it changes so often and is different in each region. Best to speak with your local Tricare office. Or whoever their regional underwriter is [like in my region it is Martin Point, they do send out cards].

Old 06-23-2012, 11:12 AM

26,527 posts, read 51,767,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alev0001 View Post
I recently got married to my Marine. I already got my military ID but am I suppose to get a seperate insurance card for medical, dental and vision?

Thank you!!
I'm retired, for a while I had a TriCare card, now I once again just use my Military I.D. Card...

TRICARE is the health care program for Uniformed Service members, retirees and their families worldwide.

Go to this page, there are a few questions, and answers which should help you: TRICARE Home

Old 06-23-2012, 11:34 AM

652 posts, read 1,304,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtyGuy View Post
I don't believe there is such a thing as a Dental card. The provider has changed so many times--- is it Concordia now? In any event, I've never seen a dental card.
The military now uses MetLife for its dependent dental insurance. It pays better than United Concordia. I do have a dental insurance card.

Old 06-23-2012, 12:00 PM

499 posts, read 2,156,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lindy112 View Post
The military now uses MetLife for its dependent dental insurance. It pays better than United Concordia. I do have a dental insurance card.
Fair enough. I'll assume my wife does then, too. I knew the provider recently changed. I know this, it would have been tough for the dental insurance plan to get any worse.

Old 06-23-2012, 12:12 PM

26,527 posts, read 51,767,782 times
Starting May 1, 2012, Metropolitan Life Insurance Company, Inc. (MetLife) is the new TRICARE Dental Program (TDP) contractor, providing dental benefits for more than 2 million TRICARE beneficiaries worldwide.

More information about TRICARE's dental programs is at: www.tricare.mil/dental [CENTER]
[/CENTER]

Old 06-23-2012, 12:34 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,530,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alev0001 View Post

Thank you!!
Have you spoken with the local Onbudsman? That's a helpful place to start locally. Though they may not have all the answers, they know who to call to get the answers. While you're there, take the time to learn about all the base facilities you have access to. Back when I was in the Navy, spouses could work out at the gym on base. If money is tight, look into all the local businesses that offer a military discount,...except rip off artist like used car dealerships.

Old 06-23-2012, 05:22 PM

652 posts, read 1,304,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtyGuy View Post
I know this, it would have been tough for the dental insurance plan to get any worse.
Amen!

Old 06-24-2012, 06:19 PM

1,680 posts, read 1,792,661 times
I will never understand why our dental Insurance is sooo crumby.

The Obudsman or Military one source can help with many issues not just Martial issues.
the Command put this out Military OneSource

Good Luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues