Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2012, 10:27 PM

2,154 posts, read 4,425,518 times

Advertisements

Oh great! So they are spending money changing the uniforms...again!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2012, 06:56 AM

9,894 posts, read 22,023,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtyGuy View Post
My guess is that we will go to the Multicam uniform. I plan on retiring in a coupe of years so as long as I can meet the wear out date of the ACUs, I'll be happy. Because of all the deployments, I have about 20 useable sets of ACUs.

multicam uniform - Google Search
Thats alot of ACUs. I agree about the multicam uniform. It looks the best.

Old 07-01-2012, 08:05 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,695,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOhioBound View Post
Oh great! So they are spending money changing the uniforms...again!
I'll bet several Generals made a bundle on his. I remember those stupid Fidel Castro haats we haad to buy out of less than $100 a month base pay. If it were up to me I'd do the Air Force Tiger suit with velcro for stripes on the sleeves.

Old 07-12-2012, 07:23 PM

746 posts, read 3,499,446 times
Hmmmm. Seems that a lot of people think one style fits all situations. I wouldn't want to wear desert cam in a forest, nor woodland in a desert, I would stick out like a target.

The uniforms change depending on where the action is. Though I must admit that going digital from the patterned may not be worth the expense.

The real question is what do the guys on the ground feel safest in?

Old 07-13-2012, 01:35 PM

14,688 posts, read 26,615,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by litlux View Post
The real question is what do the guys on the ground feel safest in?
Unfortunately, they have the least amount of input.

Old 07-13-2012, 06:17 PM

46,278 posts, read 27,093,964 times
2 things:

1) Job security and 2) someone must be retiring, they need something to make them look good, and leave a long outstanding legacy.

Just look at what Shinseki did....here is the Beret guys, peace, I'm retiring.

Old 07-21-2012, 02:32 AM

32 posts, read 62,933 times
I believe that the next century generation of army soldiers on this world will be taken in space and on other planets.

there uniforms will be all camo computerized, and also there ships will be in space and will use laser guided bullets which will be like laser formed and travel so much faster then what bullets travel today. because these bullets will be so fast that they can fire straight through low gravity as fast as a normal bullet will travel through normal gravity.

I believe the next century of army and millitary will be higher energy signature computerized training where a computer like glasses oover the helmet will be 100% laser bullet guided proof sheilds on the helmet.

mankind will reach a new generation of euro space technology by 2100 and will not need the aid of just guns or pistols to take down an enemy.

flies and insects as small as your insects of today will be probes to take down a target or an enemy and will be equiped with a semi concentrated poison.

terrorists will be able to be found and criminals will be found anywhere around the world within seconds a probe sattellitte will find anyone who commits crimes or terrororists will be elimated by deep space scope laser bullets from space.

criminals and terrorists will be also found throughout space and other planets as well.

this is the new generation of century for technology for mankind and the year will be 2100.

Old 07-23-2012, 08:18 AM

458 posts, read 616,251 times
^

Old 07-27-2012, 08:20 PM

46,278 posts, read 27,093,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathan90 View Post
terrorists will be able to be found and criminals will be found anywhere around the world within seconds a probe sattellitte will find anyone who commits crimes or terrororists will be elimated by deep space scope laser bullets from space.

criminals and terrorists will be also found throughout space and other planets as well.
Ya had me till right here....how can this be? If they are eliminated within seconds?

Old 07-30-2012, 06:00 PM

1,242 posts, read 1,947,437 times
Doesn't the Navy employ like everysingle uniform in US military history? lol I swear, I've seen sailors in ACUs, MCCUs, BDUs, DCUs and those dark blue/black ACU looking ones. ---------, what is their clothing allowance???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues