U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 02:15 PM

2 posts, read 1,760 times

Advertisements

I just read this post today 9/7/2017 and know that there is in fact reciprocity for British veterans. British Veterans must be receiving a War Pension (Service-Connected disability) from England in order to receive care here in the U.S. If not, they would first have to go through England to get the Pension established. You can see the exact U.S. Code here: [url]https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/38/109[/url].
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 04:21 PM

27,637 posts, read 43,366,945 times
When I was stationed in Italy, I served with a guy who is a dual-citizen of the US and UK. As I recall his back story, his mum is a Brit and still lives in the UK. I gave him a lot of grief because his name is French. He had UK forces on base and he loved to hangout at their on-base pub and to play rugby with them. I have often wondered how his retirement went, and if he settled in the US or the UK.

To the OP, have you wandered up to Canada and asked to see how their VA would handle you?

I once knew a submariner who retired from RN subs, and then he got orders transferring him to Canadian subs. Some people just can't handle life above water.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues