Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2012, 02:39 PM

65 posts, read 436,338 times

Advertisements

Here's my concern. I think I may have blew it or been disqualified but oh wells if it's my fault Or might get disqualified at MEPS. If I get DQ'd, what would I do? Should I just give up?

I'm willing to join and have interest in AF reserves, 2nd option would be navy or navy reserves.

And if I did get DQ'd, oh well sucks for me. I blew it. Too bad for me.

Do Meps get medical records from dotors? or How do they go on about that?

I do not know if I will pass MEPS for certain issues. I haven't started ASVAB the first process yet and yet I'm worrying ahead about MEPS so on and forth.

Can there be a waiver for past history of blah blah blah depression for Air Force Reserve? Either that I won't continue on with the enlistement process and wait for a year.

If I have past slight depression or have taken meds for that issue in the past, should I state it and provide documentation and records that I have been released and cleared from meds? I don't currently take meds. But I may need to go see doctor for release of depression case or meds or past history of depression. If I got disqualified, oh wells. Sucks for me. But most part of me won't be giving up. I just stopped taking with in 6-8 months ago. But I haven't personally told recruiter that. I still need to talk to him personally questions about AF before going ASVAB.

In the pre-screen, the one when my local recruiter call, he just quickly pre-screen me with some questions at the top of his head. But he didn't ask me about past history of depression or whatsoever. However, I need to talk to him one on one regarding AF Reserves and any questions before I go take actual ASVAB. I did fill out the AF Reserve application but in regards to the question about am I ready for enlistment process, I put "No, I'm not ready and still need to think about it." And then the part about are you ready to take ASVAB, i put "no not yet, within 4 or 5 weeks." this is what i filled out on November 11. Because recruiter returned my call regarding my request for interest in AF Reserves. I did fill out AF Reserve application and emailed him but I feel i may need to make changes. And hopefully he hasn't submitted the form for ASVAB appointment because i'm not ready to take the actual ASVAB.

Also last week in a half, I went to my local recruiter to take a practice Asvab. I got 42. He said I should aim for 50's on the actual one.

Or should I wait a year and not focus on AF reserves now and see what happens? I have to keep in mind that AF age limit is up to 34. I'm 29 turning 30 this mid year of December 2012.

I'm afraid of enlisting because of that, but then I don't want to be DQ'd on spot at MEPs and waste time. Or I maybe wait couple months to a year?

I'll just have to pray. I don't know what is going to happen. So far, I'm just studying for ASVAB and job searching.

I don't want to keep my high hopes up and then crashing down right now or face disappointment on the spot at MEPS. Might as well be prepared. So far, I'm in good health and nothing else is wrong with me.

Other that, I guess I need to join other alternative other than air force reserve / military and getting a job in civillian world is hard due to economy. Eventhough I'm still currently job searching and unemployed.

Old 12-02-2012, 08:00 PM

65 posts, read 436,338 times
Eh nevermind about this post.. sorry if it was annoying or repetitive.