U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2017, 10:41 PM

1 posts, read 595 times

Advertisements

Hello sir. Can I ask a question for the medical waiver? I am trying to join the Air Force Reserve. I went to the MEPS on February 14 2017. I got disqualified for my buckwheat allergy so they required me something showing I have a buckwheat allergy. I send my recruiter my allergy test. but the test shows I also have also house dust allergy and dust mites allergy (I've never sicked from them). Would it disqualify me to join the Air Force reserve? Because buckwheat allergy is so rare, and it is not very normal ingredient. People do not normally use the buckwheat to cook something. I am worrying that I have those allergy (I think they are very minor and not serious allergy like peanut or gluten.) Thank you very much for reading it. You can also response through here or [leedongjinkr@gmail.com]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2017, 11:44 PM

2,869 posts, read 8,287,687 times
It depends. No one cares about the dust allergies, but the buckwheat might cause you to be out. How bad is the reaction. If you need an epi pen you have no chance of getting in. If you just get hives, you DO have a chance of getting in. If you have "oral allergy syndrom" it is usually not waived.

DODI 6130, you are disqualified IF "History of systemic allergic reaction to food or food additives (995.60-995.69).
Systemic allergic reaction may be defined as a temporally related, systemic, often multi-system,
reaction to a specific food. The presence of a food-specific immunoglobulin E antibody without
a correlated clinical history DOES meet the standard."
Or
"(3) Oral allergy syndrome."

Good luck!

Old 03-26-2017, 09:07 PM

1 posts, read 565 times
Question

My daughter's boyfriend has two Reckless Driving charges. He says he talked to a recruiter and he is going to enlist at th end of June and will be going to boot camp two weeks later. He said he will be done mid-September and then my daughter can live with him on base. All this is just on time for their baby to arrive in November. To me, this sounds very off.

Old 03-26-2017, 09:26 PM

He can't wait until June to decide and then leave in July. The process to leave takes 3-9 months, depending on a lot of factors. He has to decide NOW if he wants to leave in July. The Air Force is already slotting people for July, and we're about to start on August slots.

For the Air Force, he can get in with those charges if the fines were under $300. If the fines were over $300 he needs a waiver, and that adds even MORE TIME to the process.

He will live in DORM rooms on base, and she can not live with him if they are still girlfriend and boyfriend. If they are married, he'll get a house and they can live together. But, this will be unlikely to happen by November. He has to get in (already looking at July/August if he signed papers today), then get through boot camp, and THEN get all the way through technical/job training. Job training can be a few weeks to a year. If it's longer than 6 months she can move with him (if married), but if it's 5 months and 29 days, she can not. So, November... highly unlikely.

Old 05-16-2017, 10:13 PM

2 posts, read 820 times
hello sir. i have a question of course. so in 2008 i was arrested and found guilty of a controlled substance in 5th degree in the state of NY. that was and is my only arrested and conviction before and after. what are my chances of being able to join the USAF..

Old 05-17-2017, 07:40 AM

It depends, but probabaly zero. If it was Marijuana you have a chance. NO WAIVERS can even be submitted for the following:
Self-admits to, was convicted of, or was
adversely adjudicated for illegal possession,
use, sale, or transfer of narcotics, cocaine,
lysergic acid diethylamide (LSD),
phencyclidine (PCP-“angel dust”), or any
other hallucinogen or illegal drugs

Was convicted or adversely adjudicated for
illegal possession, use, sale, or transfer of
amphetamines (includes “speed” and
synthetics), other stimulants (for example,
Ritalin®) barbiturates, prescription drugs,
over-the-counter drugs, anabolic androgenic
steroids, or Andro supplements

Self-admits to illegal sale or transfer of
amphetamines (includes “speed” and
synthetics), other stimulants (for example,
Ritalin®), barbiturates, prescription drugs,
over-the-counter drugs, anabolic androgenic
steroids, or Andro supplements

Old 06-01-2017, 02:45 AM

2 posts, read 820 times
Perfect ciitizens only then i guess...its a bjt harsh...u cant make a mistake in life and still have the desire to serve your country and be given a chance..

Well any way thanks for reaponding to my Question..

Old 06-01-2017, 08:20 AM

You can try the other branches. We do take people who have made mistakes. I do criminal waivers all the time, but there's a zero tolerance for drugs. You'd have had a fighting chance if you robbed a bank, lol, but not drug charges. The Navy may be more lenient.

Old 08-23-2017, 09:43 PM

1 posts, read 215 times
I want to join the airforce Reserves but I my odds are not in my favor, I have 5 kids,don't judge my husband and I agreed this was how many we wanted, I know I'd have to have a waiver for that if it's even possible lol. I also have a GED with some basic college credits (an army recruiter suggested I get basic credit to get started with) I want to join the reserves so I can continue my college while serving. I own my house so I'm not after the money I just really want to serve.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues