U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 01:34 PM

24,178 posts, read 39,006,524 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
I was born at a SAC base in lincoln nebraska. dont know the name of it. and then my family got transfer to stewart arb in smyrna Tn.
Perhaps Lincoln Air Force Base.

From 1954 to 1966, Lincoln, Nebraska was home to Lincoln Air Force Base.
Lincoln was regarded as one of America's most important bomber bases of the 1950s

https://www.lincolnafb.org/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 03:15 PM

3,885 posts, read 2,921,049 times
I grew up in Columbus Ohio in the 1950ís when the old Lockbourne AFB was in operation. It was a SAC base at that time. We had a lot of Airforce people in our apartment complex. Sometimes we would get invites to the officers swimming pool on base. Remember all the B 47 bombers lined up and on alert along the runways.

Old Today, 05:53 PM

6,984 posts, read 12,406,498 times
I lived near what was Camp Breckinridge, near Morganfield, Ky. During WWII German POWs were taken here and local farmers used them to help out with everything. It is now a Job Corps Center. One POW painted a mural of Germany on the walls of the Officer's Club. The building is now a museum and rented out for activities but the murals are still on the walls.

Old Today, 07:56 PM

4,417 posts, read 2,450,715 times
Navy boot camp in Bainbridge MD. Sailed on a sub chaser out of the Brooklyn Navy yard. Spent a couple of months in the receiving station in Brooklyn. Sailed on a can out of Newport RI.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues