Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2015, 07:51 PM

1,809 posts, read 5,418,228 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightly Knight View Post
And can't speak our language nor communicate correctly.

You can't expect these types of people to work with million dollar equipment.

If this is what your trying to say, because I'm not sure..
This is the military . They will have two choices, they will learn or get kicked(along with staying in prison or be stuck out with a record when the military gave them a chance).

And I'm pretty sure once th drill seargents along with bystanders that will come along, they will not b speaking in their own languages.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2015, 03:50 PM

1 posts, read 1,489 times
Hi I've had some minor traffic violations, no dui, but ten years ago I got charged with 6 felony charges but j was never convicted. Is there any branch that would get me a waiver I'm 27 now and I was 18 when it happend

Old 01-04-2016, 07:54 PM

4,866 posts, read 11,217,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebreaks View Post
Simple answer folks.
Yes, you can join the military with a criminal record, charges,felonies,etc...

I served my time and had many shipmates with such records.

2 of my friends and former recruiters have also stated that you can get waivers for many reasons.

Also, to the person who said you can have a Doctorates degree and still not get in because of "standards"...

Ask a nuke recruiter what he would do if a person had a 99 asvab, technical experience and a non drug or violence related felony..
He would tell him that he isn't qualified and send him packing. How do I know this? I was a recruiting supervisor for "nuke recruiters" for 15 years and reviewed every waiver. They don't give felony waivers to get in the Navy any longer and certainly not for the nuke program.

Heck, I couldn't get clean applicants with a 49 AFQT in the Navy let alone an applicant with a felony.

Old 01-05-2016, 07:17 AM

3,536 posts, read 12,323,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty2906 View Post
Hi I've had some minor traffic violations, no dui, but ten years ago I got charged with 6 felony charges but j was never convicted. Is there any branch that would get me a waiver I'm 27 now and I was 18 when it happend
Highly doubtful

Old 02-20-2016, 04:43 PM

1 posts, read 1,362 times
I tried to join the marines. I qualified I passed through meps to find out before I could be swore in to get my boot camp date 3 months passed after calling many court houses in my area not once did I go before a judge. so I hired an attorney and he told me after finding my file that I have no criminal charges against me. I had tbolt which is informal probation from when I was 12 and that was way back in 2009 and I 'm still fighting it. my dad and brother are marines.

Old 03-21-2016, 02:47 AM

1 posts, read 1,284 times
I'm 21, would like to know, can I join the military with one mistermenor that was dropped?

Old 03-21-2016, 07:13 AM

3,536 posts, read 12,323,735 times
You'll have to tell us what it is and what branch. For example, minor in possession of alcohol is fine for the Air Force, shoplifting is not. Both are misdemeanors.

Old 05-07-2016, 11:23 AM

3 posts, read 3,221 times
My friend and I are in 10th grade, and a month ago we were at lunch, and we went to the bathroom to wait to leave instead of getting caught in the crowd of people leaving all at once, and i went to a urinal, and he went into a stall. He calls me over, and i see him writing a bunch of racist stuff all over the walls, i tell him to stop, and lets go, and he writes a few more things. He did it for laughs. He was caught, and he now has a juvenile hate crime on his record. A hate crime is a felon.

He wants to go Navy seals, or army special forces, but my dads friend is a green beret, and he told me that they check your background, and interview people you knew all the way back to your childhood. I told my friend that, and he said that they can't see it, but they can. I don't know what to do except let him figure it out the hard way

Old 05-07-2016, 11:30 AM

26,527 posts, read 51,741,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sowersdylan View Post
told me that they check your background, and interview people you knew all the way back to your childhood. I told my friend that, and he said that they can't see it, but they can. I don't know what to do except let him figure it out the hard way
They do background checks of various types for everyone entering military service...

Old 05-07-2016, 02:09 PM

3 posts, read 3,221 times
i know, its on his juvy record though, i guess I'll let him figure it out
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues