Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2013, 10:25 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,344,416 times

Advertisements

The VA will not take the information. That would be a violation of HIPPA, to even acknowledge if the veteran is a patient. And no health care employee would take the word of some annonymous caller, who may, be a spiteful person, who is calling to create problems for a patient.

It has nothing to do with the VA at all, as many veterans, do not use VA healthcare, many use Tri Care, or have other insurance. Or choose to not go to the VA at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2013, 01:11 AM

13,754 posts, read 13,306,322 times
Keep really good documentation. Call the police if you seriously feel you are in danger.

You might try to speak with the VA and see if they have any suggestions... document that too.

For someone to say "they're lazy" about the VA makes you sound .... a bit disgruntled among other things.

Old 09-13-2013, 06:41 AM

17,597 posts, read 17,623,242 times
I doubt the person making the threats is a veteran. Sounds more like someone wanting to sound more threatening by saying he's a veteran and can get weapons. The part that makes me say this is the part about having killed children.

Old 09-13-2013, 08:43 AM

16,715 posts, read 19,398,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
Police were called and have done a lot of nothing. Unless they have your head cut off on video there isn't much interest in doing anything until there is an injury or death. (Keep our number in the phone for when they do more...) :-(

I had a third party call me about someone close by to me wanting to F'ing get me...

Talked not to me, but to the third party about all the people they killed in the war including children while in between mentioning they want to get me, they hate me, can get guns, grenades and the like any time they want to and so on.

The third party is themselves a Veteran and took notes and reported all this. Nothing has come of this and the problematic person is still around ready IMO to just GO OFF!

When the police don't want to go deeper into the issue and there is potential danger like this lying around, can you inform the VA somehow to check on this person regarding what is going on in their life and their mind to go off like this?

They were talking guns and how they could get grenades to a witness and nobody to my knowledge even searched the person's place. You would think Homeland Security or someone would check this out. NOTHING...

I am NOT going to give more details, I am not here to elaborate or gossip. It is actually worse than the above description.
Don't need the ridiculous move, blah blah advise.

Can I contact mental health wise the VA (where I know they get treatment for something medical) to look into this?
Where in California would I do this? I could tell them everything and also refer to the police report.

Thanks everyone.

God Bless America, I Love Veterans folks. This is just a bad situation and not IMO a reflection on all Vets.

PS: I never attacked or did anything to them, they are deranged and paranoid and always view themselves as THE VICTIM even if they are the ones victimizing.
Get a restraining order against this guy, and report him for terroristic threats with you friend as a witness. In Georgia all you need is to report him for that and he will be picked up and made to have a psychic evaluation.

Old 09-13-2013, 01:58 PM

2,865 posts, read 3,629,057 times
I DO work for the VA in the emergency department and deal with veterans in mental health/psychiatric situations. The VA does NOT go out and pick up veterans from the outside in emergency situations. Except for certain exceptions(ie: insurance, ambulance other health care facilities, courts), the VA does NOT release veteran info to third parties. The veteran has to come in voluntarily or be brought in. Not all veterans are VA patients, not all veterans qualify to be VA patients. Some people bring their veteran spouses, neighbors, friends etc into VA hospitals and expect that the VA HAS to admit them. No the VA does NOT have to addmit them any more than any other hospital does unless the veteran meets admission criteria, NOT because the spouse/neighbor/friend says that they need to be admitted. My recommendation is to continue to pursue this matter with the county/municipal/state authorities in hopes that the individual either gets charged and sent to court and MADE to seek treatment for their condition or they are COMMITTED for treatment.

Old 09-13-2013, 04:43 PM

1,236 posts, read 3,115,493 times
Dauntless, check out what happens to vets when they try to get help for alcohol abuse at the Lexington VA. They do release information to third parties, They will dispatch the State police if someone calls in for an appointment with mental health and does not want to go to the emergency room.

Old 09-13-2013, 09:15 PM

5,730 posts, read 10,122,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by masonsdaughter View Post
Dauntless, check out what happens to vets when they try to get help for alcohol abuse at the Lexington VA. They do release information to third parties, They will dispatch the State police if someone calls in for an appointment with mental health and does not want to go to the emergency room.
yea, with the patient's consent.

Old 09-18-2013, 12:38 PM

2,865 posts, read 3,629,057 times

The police, in emergency situations, are one of the entities that we DO release info to. I said except for certain exceptions and although I did not list it, the police are one. Heck I've even called the police to have them do a welfare check when we have learned of a veteran that may be suicidal/homicidal. But the information we give to the police is VERY limited. Calls in for an appointment for mental health and does NOT want to go to the ER? There has to be more than that to it, I would think. NOT defending the VA or calling you a liar but it we did that every time a patient did not show up for their mental health appt. they (the police) would be quite busy and pissed.

Old 09-18-2013, 10:50 PM

1,728 posts, read 1,776,862 times
Hes probably fishing for disability and sees you as a target that might get him into the VA system
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues