U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2013, 08:49 AM

3,214 posts, read 4,752,391 times

Advertisements

dmarie123 was an active AF enlisted recruiter, her telling him no is exactly that no there is no chance. Other branches no problems, but it dq's you from almost any intel job....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2013, 10:12 AM

24,080 posts, read 38,745,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobno03 View Post
Ok so here is my question, I want to join the airforce, but when I was a minor I got a DWI. The infraction is only on my driving record and happened almost 3 years ago. I just want to know if it is possible to join and what I would have to do to join. I don't drink or anything now and am COMPLETELY clean! Any input would be greatly appreciated!
Well, you posted and do no appear to have returned...

You said "The infraction is only on my driving record". Did you go to court? Did you get arrested? What was the outcome, the final disposition of this issue? In other words were you found innocent or guilty, or was adjudication withheld...

Old 09-29-2013, 04:10 PM

3,176 posts, read 9,186,711 times
Actually, OP, the way you said "I don't drink... and am completely clean." Was this a drug related DWI? If so, that is definitely not getting a waiver.

Old 10-02-2013, 01:22 PM

1 posts, read 1,181 times
Default Want To Join The Air Force!

My fiancé wants to join the Air Force we spoke to a recruiter and here is what he said :
-
My fiancé has his parents house under his name so he has to get his name of the mortgage which is already doing the are refinancing the house under his sister name to get him off the mortgage
-he owes money less than 3000 on school bills so to have those paid off ( which he will no later than feb of 2014)
-he is a us permanent resident , so he already file his citizen application and has his appt next month for his prints
- he didn't graduate from high school but he got his GED and is attending college he currently has 10 credits and by the end of December will have 16 in total .

Other than that he has no criminal record, never been arrested no medical injuries or history and he is currently 26 .
He hasn't taken The pre asvab exam yet because he is studying to get a good score .
My question is once all these things are resolved which will be before his 27th birthday what are his chances of getting accepted into the Air Force. I know the Air Force is harder to get into with a ged but he will have his college credits by the end of this year . Are his chances good if all this is done ? He has many questions but he can ever get in touch with his recruiter we saw him once in person and after that he always calls but the recruiter Does not answer ...
Any input would be great
Thank you so much in advance

Also an army recruiter called him yesterday saying that he works in the same building as the Air Force e that he had gotten his number from the Air Force recruiter he said that my fiancé was disqualified from joining the Air Force but that the army would take him .. What's that about ? He try calling back the Air Force recruiter to ask what is going on but he gets no answers his not picking up his calls

Old 10-02-2013, 02:04 PM

4,548 posts, read 7,971,492 times
He has way too many issues for an Air Force, Navy or Marine Corps Recruiter to deal with. His only hope would be the Army but they are getting rid of people now so I don't know if he would have any luck there either. If you have an Army Recruiter willing to work with him I'd jump on it as the Air Force Recruiter is not going to waste his/her time with him.

I know this from 15 years as a Navy Recruiting Supervisor.

Old 10-02-2013, 02:07 PM

3,214 posts, read 4,752,391 times
His main problems right now are his GED which disqualifies him from the Air Force until he has 30 or 45 college credits. As far as the house that is not a very big deal.

Old 10-02-2013, 02:15 PM

24,080 posts, read 38,745,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eli0329 View Post
What's that about ?
There are a lot of people trying to get into the U.S. Military. The Air Force is pickier, can select more highly qualified people because they have so many applicants and few available positions. The Air Force has fewer people than the Army.

There is nothing wrong with the Army, I spent 22 years in it.

Good luck to him...

Old 10-02-2013, 03:24 PM

7,282 posts, read 8,356,326 times
Part of your Fiancees problem is you're out there trying to figure out how he can get into the Air Force when by the time you posted the question, they should have figured it out.

The days of the military being the babysitter, for the most part, are over. The military needs the best we have to offer, the brightest, smartest, loyal and self motivating there are, not those who for whatever reason have no place left to go.

At 26, not knowing how to get into military service is a good hint that perhaps there is some other path in life better suited for them. I know this sounds harsh but above all his issues, he also has a fiancee, the last thing someone entering military service really needs. Have you two really thought this through?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues