Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2014, 04:30 PM

1,403 posts, read 2,503,736 times

Advertisements

Discharged Marine regrets crucifying himself in public | Marine Corps Times | marinecorpstimes.com

Anyone else see this?

I saw this disgusting photo on Monday with no article but one has finally come out in the Marine Corps Times.

Please do not get nasty if you would like to talk about this but be mature with the situation. Personally, if he wanted to express his frustrations to the world, there are so many other ways than to hang yourself on a damn cross in your Dress Blues, especially on Easter Sunday!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2014, 08:08 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,543,435 times
People often regret stupid actions when they don't receive the type of attention for them that they wanted to receive.

I don't have a lot of sympathy for somebody who is playing the martyr card (quite dramatically and graphically), claiming to uphold values and honor and standing against what he deems to be misaligned Corps values, when he himself fraudulently enlisted, hiding an apparent history of psych issues.

Old 04-23-2014, 08:16 PM

98 posts, read 100,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAinSC View Post
Discharged Marine regrets crucifying himself in public | Marine Corps Times | marinecorpstimes.com

Anyone else see this?

I saw this disgusting photo on Monday with no article but one has finally come out in the Marine Corps Times.

Please do not get nasty if you would like to talk about this but be mature with the situation. Personally, if he wanted to express his frustrations to the world, there are so many other ways than to hang yourself on a damn cross in your Dress Blues, especially on Easter Sunday!!!!!
you are cold hearted.
I think this man was distraught and not in his right mind. He was probably discharged for that reason. IT is very sad, HE needed help and rather help him, they saved a few bucks and
discharged him instead.
Where are coming from???

Old 04-23-2014, 08:20 PM

39,198 posts, read 27,570,476 times
Quote:

Anyone else see this?

I don't think he deserves any sympathy from the public or positive media attention. This is one strange (for lack of a better word) person. He's been discharged, and it is time to move on.

Old 04-23-2014, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madera23 View Post
you are cold hearted.
I think this man was distraught and not in his right mind. He was probably discharged for that reason. IT is very sad, HE needed help and rather help him, they saved a few bucks and
discharged him instead.
Where are cominf from???
First, learn to spell. Second, read the article on why he was discharged.

And no, I'm not cold hearted. Where did I say anything mean about this man? My husband is a Marine so yes, as a USMC wife, this photo outrages me. He could have gone about this so many ways but chose to display himself in a very negative light. People in the Marine Corps community fought hard to wear that uniform and to see him wearing it on a cross when a cross (to me) is meant for Jesus, is absolutely appaulling.

Old 04-23-2014, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I don't think he deserves any sympathy from the public or positive media attention. This is one strange (for lack of a better word) person. He's been discharged, and it is time to move on.
Oh I just didn't want a huge bashing/gossip session. That's all. Believe me, I'm not thinking happy thoughts.

Old 04-23-2014, 08:38 PM

98 posts, read 100,223 times
Quote:
First, learn to spell. Second, read the article on why he was discharged.

And no, I'm not cold hearted. Where did I say anything mean about this man? My husband is a Marine so yes, as a USMC wife, this photo outrages me. He could have gone about this so many ways but chose to display himself in a very negative light. People in the Marine Corps community fought hard to wear that uniform and to see him wearing it on a cross when a cross (to me) is meant for Jesus, is absolutely appaulling.
he did not choose. There was a demon in him snd he listened to it.
perhaps you dont know that everyone has one in them. Are you familiar with exorscism? He needed one.
ITs also cold hearted.
He was not in his control
AS far as my typos, I am not a judjmental perfectionist. I Dont judge when someone errs, that
is Gods job.

Old 04-23-2014, 08:43 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,543,435 times
Quote:
you are cold hearted.
discharged him instead.
Where are coming from???
Did you read the article? It states the events that led to his discharge.

Although I'm not going to argue against mental illness, given that he concealed his history of torturing animals in order to get into the service.

Old 04-23-2014, 08:46 PM

39,198 posts, read 27,570,476 times
Quote:
he did not choose. There was a demon in him snd he listened to it.
perhaps you dont know that everyone has one in them. Are you familiar with exorscism? He needed one.
ITs also cold hearted.
He was not in his control
AS far as my typos, I am not a judjmental perfectionist. I Dont judge when someone errs, that
is Gods job.

According to the article, many people seem to believe that,

"“Dude was butt hurt over being court martialed,” one commenter wrote when the photo appeared on the off-color Marine humor page Just The Tip, Of the Spear. “He just wanted the shock value, so people would pay attention to his whining.”

He needs to stay away from Marine Corps. It is time for him to move on.

Old 04-23-2014, 08:59 PM

20,123 posts, read 16,142,906 times
He should have never been allowed in the Marine Corps to begin with, he wasn't stable. You would think they would check criminal records. Sheesh. That said, that was one mighty cry for help and I hope he gets it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues