Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2017, 10:26 AM

4,866 posts, read 11,156,320 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmarie123 View Post
Steel7, I don't think we've changed with our medical regulations. What has changed is civilian doctors. For example, asthma has always be a DQ under certain circumstances. But, it used to be a rare diagnosis. Now every kid with a cold or a cough gets diagnosed.

Our doctors in the country just label everything.
Parents have a lot to do with this. A lot of parents demand treatment for every cold or cough a kid gets time and rest are all that is needed. For the doctor to prescribe an inhaler or antibiotic the doctor needs to diagnosis the ailment as something that will allow him/her to prescribe the inhaler or antibiotic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2018, 01:16 PM

3 posts, read 3,589 times
With the new regulations regarding eczema in 2017 do you see recruits getting approved for waivers from af sg ?this has been a 6 month battle for me, waivers were sent on the 6 of December. Initially I had a flare up in early 2016 while researching about the Air Force stance on eczema i decided not to even attempt to join . I saw the new regulations and was happy about that . Long story short my paperwork just got moved through meps after having to wait what feels like an eternity to sent to sg .the last thing I had to get meps was an official diagnosis from dermatologist before the sent my file off to the sg.the appointment with the dermatologist revealed that I had no signs of eczema and the reason I was told to go to her in the first place was to see if I had atopic dermatitis or actual eczema .does all this sound like a fighting chance of getting approved ?i also have high astigmatism over the 3.00 standards ( from most recent eye exam early ‘17 put me at -3.25 and -2.75 from civilian opthamalogist ) and no signs of any eye diseases from topography exam. From your experience do you think my waivers will get approved , if it means anything I scored high enough for the most in demand jobs in the electrical department.

Old 01-14-2018, 04:33 PM

3,536 posts, read 12,272,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddowl6 View Post
With the new regulations regarding eczema in 2017 do you see recruits getting approved for waivers from af sg ?this has been a 6 month battle for me, waivers were sent on the 6 of December. Initially I had a flare up in early 2016 while researching about the Air Force stance on eczema i decided not to even attempt to join . I saw the new regulations and was happy about that . Long story short my paperwork just got moved through meps after having to wait what feels like an eternity to sent to sg .the last thing I had to get meps was an official diagnosis from dermatologist before the sent my file off to the sg.the appointment with the dermatologist revealed that I had no signs of eczema and the reason I was told to go to her in the first place was to see if I had atopic dermatitis or actual eczema .does all this sound like a fighting chance of getting approved ?i also have high astigmatism over the 3.00 standards ( from most recent eye exam early ‘17 put me at -3.25 and -2.75 from civilian opthamalogist ) and no signs of any eye diseases from topography exam. From your experience do you think my waivers will get approved , if it means anything I scored high enough for the most in demand jobs in the electrical department.
Your astigmatism shouldn't be a problem. I've had 1 eczema waiver disapproved, and one approved in the last month. I have no idea what the difference was, but the one that was approved had more recent eczema so I was confused. Good luck!

Old 01-18-2018, 11:56 AM

Default 45 day waiver length

Thank you , also my recruiter said something about sg having 45 days to approve or disapprove ; after the 45 days are up his commander will handle it . I have no idea what “handle it” means because I read sg has ultimate authority in waiver approval . The 45th day for me is tomorrow (Jan 19) and I have tried to contact my recruiter through a phone call that went straight to voice mail. I call once a week since begining of January to show I am motivated and for potential updates, however now I fear he may be ditching my process because it has been so long .am i right to worry about this 45 day length or is this typical in your experience ? Thanks in advance .

Old 01-18-2018, 01:54 PM

3,536 posts, read 12,272,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddowl6 View Post
Thank you , also my recruiter said something about sg having 45 days to approve or disapprove ; after the 45 days are up his commander will handle it . I have no idea what “handle it” means because I read sg has ultimate authority in waiver approval . The 45th day for me is tomorrow (Jan 19) and I have tried to contact my recruiter through a phone call that went straight to voice mail. I call once a week since begining of January to show I am motivated and for potential updates, however now I fear he may be ditching my process because it has been so long .am i right to worry about this 45 day length or is this typical in your experience ? Thanks in advance .
45 WORK days. Have you accounted for New Years, Christmas, Weekends, MLK day, Thanksgiving, etc? Now 45 Calendar days.... 45 business days. 7 Nov was 45 days ago. Also, the 45 days aren't from the day you were disqualified, they're from the day your record arrived at the SG via snail-mail. If you had your medical DQ at on the 1st of November, it likely wasn't even at the SG by the 7th. MEPS only mails them out once a week, if you're lucky, and they can't mail it out until your blood work comes back, about a week after your medical exam. (Unless you were disqualified before you medical exam?).

So all in all, if you were disqualified in October, your 45 days have probably elapsed. If you were disqualified in December, they definitely haven't yet.

Old 01-18-2018, 06:23 PM

Wow I hadn’t thought about weekends and holidays, that really puts things in perspective .Recruiter told me sg got it Dec 6 at his office from Atlanta meps which had my file for a bit over 3 months after my initial meps visit ,because of more documentation regarding my eczema . Okay thank you so much you’ve been very helpful in proving me info .

Old 10-24-2018, 06:13 PM

2 posts, read 1,686 times
Good evening my son has the exact same thing going on and just found out today his medical was sent to SG from MEPS. Did your waivers get approved by the SG?
Were you able to join the AF?
Thank you so much

Old 10-24-2018, 06:16 PM

2 posts, read 1,686 times
Default @Toddowl6 Update?

[quote=Toddowl6;50742393]Wow I hadn’t thought about weekends and holidays, that really puts things in perspective .Recruiter told me sg got it Dec 6 at his office from Atlanta meps which had my file for a bit over 3 months after my initial meps visit ,because of more documentation regarding my eczema . Okay thank you so much you’ve been very helpful in proving me info .[/QUOTE

Good evening my son has the exact same thing going on and just found out today his medical was sent to SG from MEPS. Did your waivers get approved by the SG?
Were you able to join the AF?
Thank you so much
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues