U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2013, 05:30 PM

3,400 posts, read 2,436,044 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by noelle41 View Post
Hello,

I know my BF has access to a lot of things on base, but I wanted to send him a care package with a "warm" theme since I heard it gets really cold in Korea. I am going to make him some hand warmers but I need some other ideas.

Thanks!!
I served in Korea in 1957-58 and lots of things were scarce back then. A buddy of mine, who was married received a "warm theme" package from his wife and showed it around the hut. I'll try to be delicate with this. She had knitted him a wool warmer for his private parts. We were rolling on the floor, laughing when he modeled it. Oh, I don't think this will be available in the PX.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2013, 06:42 PM

1,472 posts, read 1,281,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noelle41 View Post
Hello,

I know my BF has access to a lot of things on base, but I wanted to send him a care package with a "warm" theme since I heard it gets really cold in Korea. I am going to make him some hand warmers but I need some other ideas.

Thanks!!
There is nothing he needs in Korea. Place is very modern; in many ways much more modern than the US.

As I understand the ROK soldiers make a point of being welcoming to the US soldiers with whom they work.

Street food in Korea is cheap, awesome, and really really tasty.

Old 11-22-2013, 07:32 PM

98 posts, read 471,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuptag View Post
There is nothing he needs in Korea. Place is very modern; in many ways much more modern than the US.

As I understand the ROK soldiers make a point of being welcoming to the US soldiers with whom they work.

Sounds like an exotic Thailand by that reading..kind of good to see they have a good sky season as well, perhaps many hours of road BonJovi but quite nice to see..

7 best ski and snowboard resorts in Korea | CNN Travel

Old 11-22-2013, 08:03 PM

5,087 posts, read 6,714,700 times
They sell hand warmers that you can crack (like a glow stick) and fit in your gloves. That and my dh always loved beef jerky.

Old 11-22-2013, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuptag View Post

Everyone loves a care package. It's not about what he actually needs it's about letting him know someone loves him, and is thinking of him.

Old 12-02-2013, 10:01 PM

32,662 posts, read 34,052,585 times
Seriously, the point of such care packages isn't so much the meeting of unmet needs, it's "I was thinking of you." Weird that that requires explanation.

Old 08-18-2017, 08:08 AM

1 posts, read 129 times
I want to send a hand written diary to a person serving military service in gangwon province. Is it allowed? Like I know I can send him letters but I am not sure a hand written diary is allowed or not. So if anyone knows this,Kindly inform me.
Thank you.

Old 08-18-2017, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumi08 View Post
I want to send a hand written diary to a person serving military service in gangwon province. Is it allowed? Like I know I can send him letters but I am not sure a hand written diary is allowed or not. So if anyone knows this,Kindly inform me.
Thank you.
Write him a letter and ask. Or you could call him and ask. Unless you don't actually know him and want to send a random book to a random person. In which case letters and other materials to "any soldier" are not allowed.

Old 08-19-2017, 07:21 AM

6,639 posts, read 5,153,228 times
Include a personal item..like a pair of panties....he will like it.

Old 08-19-2017, 11:08 AM

4,029 posts, read 3,754,004 times
Wigwam socks. Made in WI. Great socks for people that wear boots like your BF. It's darn cold in Korea.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues